5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Didn't find any. Did you?
- Didn't find any. Did you?
+ By Media Applications Technologies for the BBC
The official news app from BBC's journalist team
Welcome to the official BBC News app, bringing you the latest from the acclaimed UK-based journalists. All the most recent updates on tech, sports, health, entertainment, and business are here - personalize your settings so you see just the news that's most important to you. The video version of BBC News is also accessible from the app, offering live reports from around the world as developments take place.
If you like, the app can send you push notifications as really important news breaks. You can also set it so that stories will only download when you have wifi, so you can then read them from anywhere without threatening your data plan.
If you tune in to the BBC frequently - or if you're just looking for a solid news app covering international events - the official BBC News app is a great choice.
See the top stories from the UK and around the world, and personalise your experience by choosing to see the latest news on topics such as technology, sport, entertainment, health and business.
You can also watch the BBC News channel for up-to-the-minute live reports, and see video clips on most of the top stories.
• All the latest news as it happens
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• In-story video over 3G and WiFi
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Live streaming of the BBC News channel for Android 4.0+ devices
• Home screen widgets
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Font controls to increase or decrease the story text size to suit you
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top Stories, World, UK, Sport, Technology, Entertainment & Arts, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Business, Politics, Health, Education, Science & Environment, Features & analysis, Also In The News
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or Wifi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
Added support for Android 5.0 Lollipop and general bug fixes.
A beta trial of the next version of this app is now available. Details of how to get it can be found at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/help-30497503
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Have access to the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - Prevent your device from sleeping or screen from dimming (turn brightness down).
- - bbc.mobile.news.uk.permission.C2D_MESSAGE
- - com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.5 UK released on 12/20/14.
- NewApplication reactivated on 07/31/14.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 5000000 downloads level reached on 07/31/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4.5 UK released on 11/07/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4.4 UK released on 08/09/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4.3 UK released on 07/08/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.2 released on 03/25/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.1 released on 01/11/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.0 released on 12/12/12.
- UpdatedNew version 1.3.3 released on 08/17/12.
- NewFirst appearance on 07/05/12.
Displaying 4 of 11 - show all
My goto app for news but will have to look for another if you go with the new beta version
Headline photos sometimes not in the story, inline photos can't be expanded and worst of all (when conversion from main news site goes wrong) there is no way to "Open in..." your browser of choice.
Decent news app, possibly better than sky news. The app opens at lightning speed too.
Thanks a lot.
She have not yet but she will
The video player that was recently added into the app freezes the video unless you tap the screen for the controls on the screen.
Clear organised layout, customise the types of news you want to see, news is always up to date