FeedMe (RSS Reader | Feedly)
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Good for managing read/unread sources
- Simple UI
- Fast and smooth
- Layout should be enhanced
+ By dataegg
FeedMe is a non-official Google Reader client
RSS is one of the best ways to keep yourself updated what you care about. In fact, that's the way to create your own newspaper taking as source your favorites blogs, online newspapers, Youtube channels, websites and any other digital resources that supports it. You just need to subscribe to them RSS.
As much important as subscribing is having a good RSS reader on your mobile device, in order to read it on-the-go. FeedMe is one of the best non-official GReader clients. Its strength lies on its simple UI. It automatically detects Google accounts linked to your device and let you choose which one you want to take RSS subscription from.
After that, you'll see your resources listed: folders, non-classified sources and starred items. In the right you can see unread articles. Tap on them to read them and tick to mark it as read. Actually, this easy-to-use system of viewing unread/read articles is FeedMe plus point. You can sync to fetch new articles by pressing the top-update button. Catch: scenery isn't as cute as others.
If you like to keep yourself well-informed in your interest, give this a go.
******* OVERVIEW *******
- No AD.
- Offline Reading with pictures and full text.
- Simple UI.
******* FEATURES *******
- Custom feeds you want to sync
- Support star & tag
- Support one key save to Pocket (Read it later), Instapaper, Readability, Evernote.
- Support swipe left and right in article list page.
- Offline reading(with pictures and full text)
- Automatic synchronization
- Instant state sync
- Read-friendly UI(uniform font, color, format of page)
- Built-in Picture Viewer, support GIF
- Themes: light, dark, night and e-ink
- Unread count widget.
- Volume buttons navigation
- Send to Email, SMS and social services through installed apps
******* BACKUP *******
You need the past version FeedMe for 2 reasons:
1. The new version is unstable or not working.
2. You do not like the new version.
******* INTERNATIONALIZATION *******
Internationalization is a difficult thing for a single developer. If you like this app and want a localized it, more convenient to use, please contact me. Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support InoReader. (Not support search feed and subscribe in FeedMe)
- Backup and restore program settings and subscription settings.
- Now you can choose SD card as cache location.
- Now error log will be recorded here:/sdcard/Android/data/com.seazon.feedme/files/logs/error.log
- Pictures saved position change to /sdcard/feedme/pictures.
- Update Polish, Romanian.
- Other minor changes and bug fixes.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Fast and functional, but no widget means I never remember to look at it. Will use again if that is added.
All new features for free.
Fast, reliable, no adds - works like a charm. Well done, developers, excellent job!
It will fetch the whole article for you when you double tap, it has inverted rendering (night mode), an uncluttered interface, no ads, features I have found in no other RSS reader. I only wish we could change the margin width, but it's not a big deal.
I've used a lot of RSS reader but so far this one is the best, offline support & no ads. Good job devs. Only wish they'd use material design
Love it, but it starts getting really slow when reading through hundreds of feeds, to the point that selecting an article from the list yields either a black screen, or the article loads but I'm unable to scroll. When that happens, back key stops responding as well. I need to force close the app whenever I switch categories to use it. Memory hogger ?
Looking forward to see material design in the future! Would also love to see an option to enable preview pictures and pull to refresh.