FeedMe (RSS Reader)
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Good for managing read/unread sources
- Simple UI
- Fast and smooth
- Layout should be enhanced
+ By dataegg
FeedMe is a non-official Google Reader client
RSS is one of the best ways to keep yourself updated what you care about. In fact, that's the way to create your own newspaper taking as source your favorites blogs, online newspapers, Youtube channels, websites and any other digital resources that supports it. You just need to subscribe to them RSS.
As much important as subscribing is having a good RSS reader on your mobile device, in order to read it on-the-go. FeedMe is one of the best non-official GReader clients. Its strength lies on its simple UI. It automatically detects Google accounts linked to your device and let you choose which one you want to take RSS subscription from.
After that, you'll see your resources listed: folders, non-classified sources and starred items. In the right you can see unread articles. Tap on them to read them and tick to mark it as read. Actually, this easy-to-use system of viewing unread/read articles is FeedMe plus point. You can sync to fetch new articles by pressing the top-update button. Catch: scenery isn't as cute as others.
If you like to keep yourself well-informed in your interest, give this a go.
******* OVERVIEW *******
- One-click save to Pocket, Evernote, Instapaper and Readability.
- No AD.
- Offline reading with pictures and full text.
- Simple UI.
******* FEATURES *******
- Custom feeds you want to sync
- Support star & tag
- Support swipe left and right in article list page
- Offline reading(with pictures and full text)
- Automatic synchronization
- Instant state sync
- Read-friendly UI(uniform font, color, format of page)
- Built-in Picture Viewer, support GIF
- Themes: light, dark, night and e-ink
- Unread count widget
- Volume buttons navigation
- Send to Email, SMS and social services through installed apps
******* BACKUP *******
You need the past version FeedMe for 2 reasons:
1. The new version is unstable or not working.
2. You do not like the new version.
******* INTERNATIONALIZATION *******
Internationalization is a difficult thing for a single developer. If you like this app and want a localized it, more convenient to use, please contact me. Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- New option: Auto sync when charging only.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Perfect replacement for official feedly app
Admirably simple, great handling of media enclosures, but perplexing glitches (shows zero items for feeds from major journals, eg NEJM, JAMA which show up in Feedly web and old Feedr app) Interim fix: deleted all data, upped message limit & resynced, items now appear.
device id and call information?
How is this an rss reader? There's no support for specifying a URL that I can find.
Great reader especially for offline reading. One question though... How do i make it change more than 20 articles per subscription