FeedMe (RSS Reader | Feedly)
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Good for managing read/unread sources
- Simple UI
- Fast and smooth
- Layout should be enhanced
+ By dataegg
FeedMe is a non-official Google Reader client
RSS is one of the best ways to keep yourself updated what you care about. In fact, that's the way to create your own newspaper taking as source your favorites blogs, online newspapers, Youtube channels, websites and any other digital resources that supports it. You just need to subscribe to them RSS.
As much important as subscribing is having a good RSS reader on your mobile device, in order to read it on-the-go. FeedMe is one of the best non-official GReader clients. Its strength lies on its simple UI. It automatically detects Google accounts linked to your device and let you choose which one you want to take RSS subscription from.
After that, you'll see your resources listed: folders, non-classified sources and starred items. In the right you can see unread articles. Tap on them to read them and tick to mark it as read. Actually, this easy-to-use system of viewing unread/read articles is FeedMe plus point. You can sync to fetch new articles by pressing the top-update button. Catch: scenery isn't as cute as others.
If you like to keep yourself well-informed in your interest, give this a go.
******* OVERVIEW *******
- No AD.
- Offline Reading with pictures and full text.
- Simple UI.
******* FEATURES *******
- Custom feeds you want to sync
- Support star & tag
- Support one key save to Pocket (Read it later), Instapaper, Readability, Evernote.
- Support swipe left and right in article list page.
- Offline reading(with pictures and full text)
- Automatic synchronization
- Instant state sync
- Read-friendly UI(uniform font, color, format of page)
- Built-in Picture Viewer, support GIF
- Themes: light, dark, night and e-ink
- Unread count widget.
- Volume buttons navigation
- Send to Email, SMS and social services through installed apps
******* BACKUP *******
You need the past version FeedMe for 2 reasons:
1. The new version is unstable or not working.
2. You do not like the new version.
******* INTERNATIONALIZATION *******
Internationalization is a difficult thing for a single developer. If you like this app and want a localized it, more convenient to use, please contact me. Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
What feature you want?
Which RSS service you want?
- Support online video (YouTube, youku) in articles page.
- Edge To Edge image.
- Fixed unsubscribe from article list page or article page always show loading dialog.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
This is a great RSS reader for those news addicts who value content over eye candy. While it may not have magazine layouts like apps such as Flipboard or Feedly you won't experience the lagginess of those apps either.
Didn't download anything. I couldn't find a place to refresh or try again. Horrible UI. Don't waste your time.
Great simple fast reader
like in app browser, pull down to refresh, increase to starred amount and add pic and summary to feed list
Because of the simplicity of this app it works smoothly and fast. I would however like an option to see thumbnails in the article list that would brighten it up a bit.
A space efficient material app, don't see those often
Give a preview of text in the master view, reduce the title font and maybe this could be a Feedly app killer