Flipboard: Your News Magazine
100,000,000 - 500,000,000 downloads
- Accounts integration (FB, TW, Instagram, Youtube...)
- UI and flip effects
- Reply, like and view comments from the app
- We didn't find any, did you?
+ By Flipboard
Flipboard is the most-known feed and social media entries reader
Flipboard, the most-known and most-used feeds reader on iOS now hits Android with social media content integration, including G . If you've ever stepped on mobile feed readers world, you've probably heard that there was a beloved app used for most of iOS users called Flipboard. Unfortunately it wasn't available for Android... until now.
There are lots of news readers, rss aggregators, social network's timeline readers... Flipboard claims to be the ultimate reader integrating all of them and adding even more accounts. Thus, you can find preset categories (business, technology, travel, design...) you can add or remove to your Flipboard list at your whim. You can choose country as a filter for the preset sources.
Second, you can add your RSS subscriptions from your Google Reader, Feedly, Digg, etc. accounts. This is the option I like most, since I personally like choosing my own news sources.
Finally, you can add as many accounts as you want from a complete list including major social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and G . You can even like/unlike, view comments and reply from Flipboard app. Likewise, you can add other accounts like Instagram, Flickr, Tumblr, 500px, Youtube... and more are coming soon.
As if this wasn't enough, Flipboard is set in cute layout with outstanding smooth flip effects. Swipe to turn page and read highlights in seconds. The way it highlights news from any resource (not just from associate sources but also content attached to tweets, Facebook posts, etc) will make you fall in love with this app. What's more, its reading-friendly and intuitive interface makes the difference.
What we used to do with 5 or 6 apps (or even more) now can be done with just one app: Flipboard is a black-hole which is taking up your social activity and your news sources from a comprehensive approach. It's leaving competitors far behind. Must-have.
To start, follow a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and easily flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories you enjoy or express a point of view. Use the + button on anything you find to collect it into your own magazine. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on the phone (or Cover Stories on tablets) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On tablets, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Use the Flipboard widget for quick access on your Android device.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website http://www.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard and Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+Flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page. http://flipboard.com/support
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
• Go to the tile tab to see everything you're following. Now you can filter to see topics, people, or connected social accounts.
• Pull down to refresh all your tiles.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Great app, I've recently been using NewZap: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.ethz.disco.whatsnewandroid
Hey guys. If you want to get free gifts from your phone check out (AndroidPrizes.net.tc) Just got myself a free $250 Visa gift card.
I think its great. I haven't experienced any problems with the app. And its just great that all of my news(genres, social media) can be found on one app. :)
I am really enjoying this app. And it makes reading the news more enjoyable. Also I've found new info on how to expand my networking for my small business
This is my favorite mobile news source because of the smooth paging between articles that Pulse (my other choice) does not have. However, when the app is closed to open another, you are taken all the way back to the latest article in the main thread. The app needs to remember the progress I've made scrolling. Otherwise I do very much like this app. Beautiful and very functional content transi
Great information, easy to use!