100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Highly compatible
- Dark mode
- Highly configurable.
- Needs social integration
- Web version is too simple
- No Lite/trial version
Instapaper gives you a read later bookmark
After becoming the most-known bookmarklet for iOS, Instapaper, powered by Tumblr developers, hits Android OS. It allows you to save webpages, articles and any other resource to read them later, even offline. What's more, it provides a good-looking and friendly layout for making easier reading all that resources. A layout which is highly configurable.
There are other similar resources, some of them have been on Android for a long time. What could be the added-value feature of Instapaper? I would say a high compatibility and integration. Since Instapaper reached great success on iOS, there are already lots of browsers plugins and alternative apps that makes things easier. What's more, it's backed by a professional team of developers.
Regarding features: Instapaper allows you to save to read later lots of resources just by tap "share" button and then selecting Instapaper or through browsers plugins. Likewise, you can add folders and tags to organize your articles, save worthy articles in the archive after reading them or like them.
From setttings you can enable "dark mode" manually or automatically at night. You can re-download articles manually too, sort articles, set prompting and set up download limits.
In summary: Instapaper is set in a good-looking and highly configurable layout, it's simple and user-friendly and it's fully integration with other resources. Highly recommendable.Developer's original description available here
Instapaper for Android provides a mobile and tablet-optimized Text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Read offline, even on airplanes, subways, on elevators, or on Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Saves most web pages as text only, stripping away the full-sized layout to optimize for tablet and phone screens
- Distraction-free reading environment gets out of your way so you can focus on the content
- Everything you download is then available **OFFLINE**, so you can read whenever you want, even on airplanes, subways, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from internet connections
- Optimized tablet interface
- Adjustable fonts, text sizes, line spacing, and margins
- Dark mode and brightness control for night reading
- Sort your list of unread items by popularity, date, article length, and shuffle
- Folders for organization
- Share via web browser and any app that supports sharing
- Rotation lock
- Download up to 500 articles on your phone or tablet, and store unlimited articles on the Instapaper website
- Folders for organization
- Dictionary and Wikipedia lookups
- Tilt scrolling, page-flipping
- Preview links in the built-in browser without leaving the app
- Search, via in-app purchase
4.1.2: Fixed newly saved articles not downloading
Fixed crashes on some Android tablets
- New built-in dictionary allows you to lookup word definition quickly
- Many UI/UX improvements and bug fixes for Text-to-Speech
- App will now automatically detect and speak the correct article language
- Text-to-Speech notification will now show the progress
- Forward/Rewind in lockscreen
- Using "Speak" function from article will start speaking from the currently visible text
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Full immersive mode and the material are missing on lollipop
Everytime I decided to sign out from Instapaper, you have to wipe out whole the articles! What's wrong with that?? That's the one thing I hate. Very much. It's organized more than Pocket. But that option above. I can't accept. Please. Just remove those feature/option.
The program says the password is incorrect while on my iPad and HTC Sensation it loggs in easily
It no longer hides navigation bar when reading. Having a black bar while reading isn't nice, why would you remove such a great feature.
To cool to cool to cool
Pls update it for lollipop
Despite of Instapaper be more organized than 'Pocket', it has a huuuge problem with sync with PC. Pocket > Instapaper.