50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Highly compatible
- Dark mode
- Highly configurable.
- Needs social integration
- Web version is too simple
- No Lite/trial version
Instapaper gives you a read later bookmark
After becoming the most-known bookmarklet for iOS, Instapaper, powered by Tumblr developers, hits Android OS. It allows you to save webpages, articles and any other resource to read them later, even offline. What's more, it provides a good-looking and friendly layout for making easier reading all that resources. A layout which is highly configurable.
There are other similar resources, some of them have been on Android for a long time. What could be the added-value feature of Instapaper? I would say a high compatibility and integration. Since Instapaper reached great success on iOS, there are already lots of browsers plugins and alternative apps that makes things easier. What's more, it's backed by a professional team of developers.
Regarding features: Instapaper allows you to save to read later lots of resources just by tap "share" button and then selecting Instapaper or through browsers plugins. Likewise, you can add folders and tags to organize your articles, save worthy articles in the archive after reading them or like them.
From setttings you can enable "dark mode" manually or automatically at night. You can re-download articles manually too, sort articles, set prompting and set up download limits.
In summary: Instapaper is set in a good-looking and highly configurable layout, it's simple and user-friendly and it's fully integration with other resources. Highly recommendable.
Instapaper for Android provides a mobile and tablet-optimized Text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Read offline, even on airplanes, subways, on elevators, or on Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Saves most web pages as text only, stripping away the full-sized layout to optimize for tablet and phone screens
- Distraction-free reading environment gets out of your way so you can focus on the content
- Everything you download is then available **OFFLINE**, so you can read whenever you want, even on airplanes, subways, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from internet connections
- Optimized tablet interface
- Adjustable fonts, text sizes, line spacing, and margins
- Dark mode and brightness control for night reading
- Sort your list of unread items by popularity, date, article length, and shuffle
- Folders for organization
- Share via web browser and any app that supports sharing
- Rotation lock
- Download up to 500 articles on your phone or tablet, and store unlimited articles on the Instapaper website
- Folders for organization
- Dictionary and Wikipedia lookups
- Tilt scrolling, page-flipping
- Preview links in the built-in browser without leaving the app
- Search, via in-app purchase
- Now you can link your Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Evernote and Pinboard accounts to Instapaper.
- New Friends feed in Browse section to see links liked and shared by your friends
- Automatically post highlights and liked posts via linked social accounts
- Introducing Highlights. You can now highlight and save text from any article!
- Create a highlight by selecting text and pressing the "Highlight" option.
- Your highlights are immediately synced to all your devices
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Pullik baribir pullik-da!
This is not a full app. To use search functionality you have to pay extra $11.99 per year.
Been using this app for years. It's awesome!!
Its an excellent mobile concept. It works on my lg esteem and a500 iconia tab. Will it sync with the ipad on the same account? - So the wife can share on the same articles. Erik.
Why not adding payment through play store? And support for some long web page seems wrong like those doc pages of LLVM project, only the first section is captured.
Says downloading for days on most articles. Not a smooth experience
Paid for this app to work in tandem with Amber. Some of the time it works but most of the time I get a 503 Service Unavailable error. And they have the nerve to charge you twice for phone and tablet. This never happens with Pocket. Uninstalling.