JReader (Google Reader | RSS)
5,000 - 10,000 downloads
- Filter options
- Adding new feeds manager
- Sober design
+ By Jyvee
JReader is a RSS reader app for Android that features filtering and watching for news items
RSS subscriptions have supporters and detractors as a way to organize news and feeds. Those who have chosen this system to keep themselves up-to-date, have a wide range of apps to enjoy them. JReader is one of them, one that focus on filters and notifications not to miss any new content.
Unlike other readers which plus point is the scenery, with stunning flipping animations and effects, JReader has been set on a minimalist design: a scrollable list of items where you can access all labels, starred, watched items, unlabeled feeds and your personal folders/tags. On the right side of each element of that list you'll see the number of unread entries.
There's a intuitive bottom-bar to navigate the app including a syn button, filter manager, account manager, "add new feeds menu" and settings. Filter manager, as I said above, is one of the strongest points of this apps. Users can filter by words included in an entry, or starting/ending by, choose which resources seek in (by labels or subscription) and even article status (watched, read,...).
The other added-value feature is source discovering: JReader helps you with adding new feeds process. It allows searching RSS directory, search from Google Bundles, via web browser or add them manually.
In a few words, JReader is a highly configurable reader set in a minimalist design that makes easier filtering and adding new content. Highly recommendable.
Features filtering and watching for Google Reader news. With watch notifications you will never miss important news, and with filters - never read the news you are not interested in.
Reader is optimized for fast and productive news/blogs/rss reading and sharing.
▪ Fast sync with Google Reader and article download for offline reading;
▪ Multiple Google Reader accounts support;
▪ RSS feed manager: Search and subscribe to news feeds or Google Reader feed bundles;
▪ Google Reader feed and label management: modify RSS feeds and categories;
▪ Auto-marking Google Reader items as read based on user defined filters;
▪ Watching: get notified when news contain defined search words and phrases and never miss important news;
▪ Optimized for fast and productive RSS reading;
▪ Easily share news posts, RSS feeds, recommend links on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.;
▪ Beautiful RSS reader, clean UI with dark and light themes;
▪ Simple to use with extensive personalization options;
▪ Tablet support and more...
Google account is required.
Google Reader, News, RSS, feed, post, article, read, sync, subscription, blogs, offline, download.
▪ More info: http://jyvee.com
▪ Support forum at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=29001145
▪ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jyveedotcom
▪ Twitter: https://twitter.com/jyveedotcom
▪ Google+: https://plus.google.com/103329544702083871871/
▪ Translation project: http://crowdin.net/project/jreader
▪ Found a bug? Have a suggestion? - Use the in-app feedback form or email us!
- FIX: Minor bug fixes
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Application gives me lots of crashes. It's impossible to add any feed by Google bundle. Uninstalled.
Is this app still being supported? Unable to add any feeds. Crashes or gives errors anytime I try to add an RSS feed. Too bad, great looking UI.
I have a lot of feeds. As much as it tried, JReader just couldn't keep up. Sync took a while, even when my 'new item' count was low. Also, articles shown were SUPER truncated - Not at all enough for me.
Doesn't support GIFs. The way you scroll between articles within a feed isn't practical, should be swipe L/R or click for previous/next. But the developer is very active and the interface is amazing. I also couldn't disable the app from running in process