Latest Space News
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
Latest Space News is an easy and user-friendly way to keep you up to date. The app will automatically keep track of any new news, and notify you when something new has happen. There is no need for you to do anything, the app will tell you when there are any new news available. The latest news is then presented in a nice list with an image and a short description. Upon a click of any news you will be able to read it in its whole. Either using the built-in browser, or with your favorite browser.
Here are the 13 configurable news source which Latest Space News is able to aggregate news from:
+ ESA, European Space Agency
+ NASA, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
+ Canada Space Agency
+ CNES, French National center of Space
+ DLR, German Aerospace Center
+ ROSCOSMOS, Russian Federation Space Agency (only in Russian)
+ SNSB, Swedish National Space Board (only in Swedish)
+ SRON, Netherlands Institute for Space Research
+ UK Space Agency
+ NYT, New York Times space section
+ APOD, Astronomy Picture of the Day
There are advertisements in this app.
The app requires the following permissions:
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Needed to control if allowed to do a background check without wireless.
INTERNET: Used to be able to download the news.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: To be able to create images for the news.
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: The app is using a background service which likes to be started upon the start of the device. This can be prevented with a configuration within the app.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: To be able to create the images for the news.
- News will be open in the default browser, when long clicking on a news.
- Zooming is now properly supported in the build in browser.
- Pre Honeycomb devices will now have an action bar.
- Action bar will be hidden while scrolling down, and shown while scrolling up (could be disabled from the settings).
- The news counter in the notification will now displaying the correct number of new news.
- Fixed a couple of stability issues, and some other minor issues.