Press (RSS Reader)
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Feedly, Feedbin, Feed Wrangler sync
- Smooth navigation
- Ease of use
- Sober, minimalist
Press is a RSS client set in an elegant minimalist interface
Google Reader shut down, that's a fact. That doesn't mean RSS subscription service is dead. On the contrary, RSS subscribers are one of the most active community on the Internet (now one of the angriest with Google). However, other services developed their own RSS subscription system (Feedly, Feedbin, Feed Wrangler... and many other). This means that good RSS client readers like Press can keep on, offering an excellent way to read and save interesting articles and media.
Thus, Press supports sync with the service named above. In addition, it is fully integrated with Readability (actually, its design is quite similar to that app). Unlike other readers like Feedly that highlights articles, Press offers a magazine-shelf layout that gives more importance to sources. Thus, you won't see at first sight articles but sources in each category. Thus, you can enter those sources one by one and read the articles, as it were a e-mail inbox.
After clicking on the articles they'll be marked as "read", and the unread counter will go down in the home's sidebar, where all your categories are listed. This layout allows users to easily access the article and see how many articles are still to be read. However, it's sober and minimalist: no dark/light themes or flipping effects when swiping. Just the basic stuff to guarantee users' free will and fast navigation.
It contains adjustable widgets and lockscreen support for 4.2+
- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
- Lots of bug fixes!
- Resolved various syncing issues
- Added mark as read on scroll feature (toggle in article list)
- Added better HTML5 and YouTube fullscreen video support
- Added setting to disable notification while caching images
- New dark theme and light theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Swipe to mark as read/starred
- Font scaling for accessibility
- New localizations
Best reader ever.
I love this app. And it's great to see the devs integrating latest UI changes like Immersive mode on KitKat. This app is worth the money!
Always sync items marked read previous, happens on the last category on my feedly and fever.
Seriously, this app would be perfect if I had a little more control over the widgets look. At least changing the color of the headers and summaries would be nice
Love it. I was using Pure but this is better. Much better. Great app.
Still missing some features, but already great app.
This is the best reader app on the market, but lately it hasn't been able to sync while the app is open. It only background syncs like once a day.