reddit is fun golden platinum
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Familiar interface to anyone who's used the website
- Multireddit and reddit gold support
- Syncs with 3rd party apps
- Can turn ads off at will
- Lacks polish
- Reports of occasional crashes
+ By TalkLittle
Reddit client must similar to the web experience
If you're looking for an app to replicate the experience of browsing reddit online, reddit is fun is the choice for you. A bare bones UI, but with the functionality you'd expect, plus a reactive dev when problems arise.
reddit is fun is the Android client most similar to the experience users have on the website, which means the UI will immediately feel familiar. It includes multireddit and reddit gold support. Syncing with 3rd party desktop apps allows you to see which threads you've viewed no matter what device you're on. You can also turn off ads even in the free version - just turn them on if you want to support the dev.
Being similar to the stark website experience means a lack of polish, especially with compared to competitors. I also notice reports of occasional crashes.
Want to be a beta tester? Join the Google+ community and hit the opt-in link in the community sidebar: https://plus.google.com/communities/114050744871875290633
TABLET and phone optimized, and with WIDGET. And Moderator features!
Cross-device HISTORY SYNC via synccit.com!
Set it up in Menu->Settings->Synccit
Your settings from the lite version will be copied over.
Install golden platinum and launch it once, before uninstalling the lite version.
App icon designed by Carina Wang.
• INTERNET - The Internet
• BOOT - to restore mail notifications on device boot
• EXTERNAL STORAGE - thumbnail caching
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - detect connection speed
• GET_ACCOUNTS - associate Google account with custom themes
• MANAGE_ACCOUNTS, AUTHENTICATE_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS - add reddit accounts to system Account Manager
• VIBRATE - for mail notifications
• NFC - share current page via NFC
• READ_SYNC_SETTINGS, WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS - sync web preferences with reddit.com
• BILLING - purchase premium custom themes (but currently all themes are free)
reddit and the reddit alien logo, trademark and trade dress are registered trademarks owned by reddit, Inc., and are used under license.
reddit is fun golden platinum Videos
3.5.22 (Jan 9):
• Fixed GIFV playback on some devices
3.5.21 (Dec 26):
• Fixed premature end of list
3.5.17 (Dec 14):
• Fixed profile karma refresh
• Snackbar Undo popup
3.5.10 (Nov 23):
• Mods: Sticky selfpost
• Mods: Contest mode
• Mods: Clearer modmail threads
• Share HTTPS URLs
3.5.2 (Nov 4):
• Material Design: Work in progress
3.4.4 (Oct 1):
• Mark all inbox read
• Mods can report
3.4.1 (Sept 12):
• Gild using in-app purchase
3.3.11 (Aug 8):
• Gild using creddits
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Act as an AccountAuthenticator.
- - Have access to the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - Manage the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Perform I/O operations over NFC (Near Field Communication).
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Read the sync settings.
- - Know if the system has finished booting.
- - Request authentication tokens from accounts linked to your phone.
- - Use the vibrator.
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
- - Change the sync settings.
- - com.andrewshu.android.reddit.READ_APP_SETTINGS
- - Sell digital goods through in-app purchase.
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 3.5.22 released on 01/19/15.
- UpdatedNew version 3.5.21 released on 01/03/15.
- UpdatedNew version 3.5.10 released on 12/02/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.4.5 released on 10/18/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.4.1 released on 09/20/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.3.12 released on 08/21/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.3.11 released on 08/08/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.3.10 released on 08/08/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.3.7 released on 07/21/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.3.3 released on 07/15/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.2.3 released on 05/02/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.1.15 released on 03/19/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.1.13 released on 03/05/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.1.12 released on 03/02/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.1.11 released on 03/01/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.1.8 released on 02/22/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.1.3 released on 01/11/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.1.2 released on 01/11/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.1.0 released on 01/01/14.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 50000 downloads level reached on 12/14/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.11 released on 09/26/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.10 released on 09/14/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.9 released on 08/21/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.8 released on 08/17/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.7 released on 08/06/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.5 released on 07/24/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.2 released on 07/19/13.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.0 released on 07/18/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.7.7 released on 04/01/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.7.6 released on 03/11/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.7.5 released on 02/09/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.7.4 released on 01/26/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.7.3 released on 01/25/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.7.2 released on 01/17/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.7 released on 01/16/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.6.2 released on 01/01/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.6.1 released on 11/08/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.6 released on 11/01/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.8 released on 08/23/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.7 released on 08/22/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.6 released on 08/17/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.5a released on 08/15/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.5 released on 08/15/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.4 released on 08/14/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.3a released on 08/08/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.3 released on 08/07/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.2 released on 07/30/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5.1 released on 07/24/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.5 released on 07/21/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4.8 released on 07/15/12.
Displaying 4 of 50 - show all
When images are loaded, there needs to be an option that allows the entire image to fbit the screen. Some images are too big and have to be scrolled to view and don't offer a zoom out option. This includes GIF, GIFV, and more. Please fix this. Samsung S3.
If I could I'd give the app gold
There's a lot of Reddit apps on the play store and this is by far the best.
Best reddit app for Android! I use it all the time and never have a problem.
It would be better with material design and some more gestures but as far as features go this is one of the best reddit apps out there
My favourite reddit app, fast and clean. Just wanted to tell that trying to access the settings crashes the app on Galaxy S5 Lollipop, I have the official update from kies.