reddit is fun
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Familiar interface to anyone who's used the website
- Multireddit and reddit gold support
- Syncs with 3rd party apps
- Can turn ads off at will
- Lacks polish
- Reports of occasional crashes
+ By TalkLittle
Reddit client must similar to the web experience
If you're looking for an app to replicate the experience of browsing reddit online, reddit is fun is the choice for you. A bare bones UI, but with the functionality you'd expect, plus a reactive dev when problems arise.
reddit is fun is the Android client most similar to the experience users have on the website, which means the UI will immediately feel familiar. It includes multireddit and reddit gold support. Syncing with 3rd party desktop apps allows you to see which threads you've viewed no matter what device you're on. You can also turn off ads even in the free version - just turn them on if you want to support the dev.
Being similar to the stark website experience means a lack of polish, especially with compared to competitors. I also notice reports of occasional crashes.
Use reddit.com with a decent interface. App icon designed by Carina Wang.
Now includes TABLET support and WIDGET! And Moderator features!
Cross-device HISTORY SYNC via synccit.com!
Set it up in Menu->Settings->Synccit
• INTERNET - The Internet
• BOOT - to restore mail notifications on device boot
• EXTERNAL STORAGE - thumbnail caching
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - detect connection speed for OPTIONAL ads
• GET_ACCOUNTS - associate Google account with custom themes
• MANAGE_ACCOUNTS, AUTHENTICATE_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS - add reddit accounts to system Account Manager
• VIBRATE - for mail notifications
• NFC - share current page via NFC
• READ_SYNC_SETTINGS, WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS - sync web preferences with reddit.com
• BILLING - purchase premium custom themes (but currently all themes are free)
reddit and the reddit alien logo, trademark and trade dress are registered trademarks owned by reddit, Inc., and are used under license.
3.5.10 (Nov 23):
• Mods: Sticky selfposts
• Mods: Toggle contest mode
• Mods: Clearer modmail threads
• Share HTTPS URL when using full-site HTTPS
• Fixed Android 5.0 layout bugs
• Fixed reply issues
• Major performance improvements
3.5.2 (November 4):
• Material Design visual assets: Work in progress
3.4.4 (October 1):
• Mark all messages read
• Mods can report
3.4.1 (September 12):
• Gild using in-app purchase
3.3.11 (August 8):
• Gild using creddits
Great app! You added the ability to change your sorting method (hot, top, etc). Can you add the option to save your selection as the default method?
Would have given it 5/5 if there was the option to remove the banners for a one-time small fee.
Nice layout, easy to navigate, and runs great.
Better than the desktop version on phone. Thanks for this :) 5's
Best reddit app
Reddit is fun
Reddit all day