100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Easy navigation between content and comments
- Parent comment stays visible
- High quality material design
- Sharing link/comment options buried in menus
- Hasn't been updated in many months
+ By DBrady
Excellent reddit client with a focus on conversation and great material design
Reddit News is one of the best reddit clients out there. It preserves the community feel of the web version, making it easy to get lost for countless hours within your preferred weirdo subreddits (r/youtubehaiku is my own personal kryptonite).
It's super simple to flip between content and comments in Reddit News, highlighting the hivemind of the community. The parent comment stays visible, meaning you have more of a context for the conversation. Plus, the material design UI is top-notch; it's comfortable and fast to navigate.
The sharing link and options for replying with your own comments are buried a bit within the UI. It also hasn't been updated in well over six months.
Now beautifully enhanced with Google's new Material Design language, Reddit News features excellent readability and effortless navigation.
Just some of the Highlights:
• Beautifiul and intuitive interface, inspired by Google's new Material Design language.
• Delightful animations throughout enhance the experience.
• Stories and comments load at the same time. A simple swipe switches between them.
• Inline previewing of pictures, YouTube videos, gifs and imgur's new gifv format.
• Advanced comment navigation features. Skip between comment threads, search for words, highlight new comments and more!
• Optimized layout for phones and tablets.
• Handy tooltips guide you through the app.
• Comprehensive Moderator features including distinguish, stickying posts and banning users.
• Multiple colour themes including sleek black, fresh blue, pretty pink, and relaxing night mode.
• Multiple accounts with full user profile support.
• Reply straight from your full-featured Inbox.
• Notifications for mail, moderator messages and even your modqueue.
• Filter subreddits from your frontpage and r/all
• Spoiler support for all the major subreddits.
• Extensive customisation options including font style and size, left-handed viewing and much more.
• Color coded comment threads.
• Hi-resolution thumbnails.
• Add Friends funtionality - their comments are highlighted.
• Submit links and original content.
• Search reddit or individual subreddits.
• Subscribe to subreddits or let Reddit News choose one randomly.
• Rageface and MLP emoticons (MLP support via PonyMotes app)
Head over to the Reddit News subreddit to ask questions or request features directly to the developer - me... https://www.reddit.com/u/dbrady
Reddit News is an unofficial app. Reddit and the Reddit alien logo, trademark and trade dress are registered trademarks owned by Reddit Inc.
- Fix self post text not showing on some phones
- New shorcut. Long press the refresh button on phones to manually type in a subreddit
- Flair popup for moderators can now be scrolled
- Fix for some Android lollipop specific crashes
- Other force close fixes.
Beautiful slick and fast! But I think I gallery view mode is needed for easier picture navigation. Could be tedious opening an image one by one
Reddit is fun is nowhere near as good as this. Glad I switched
Best integration of Google's Material design I have seen so far.
But of course that no reason to take a star off. Great app.
Best reddit client. Only need a setting for amoled screens.
This app is really great, it really has every functionality I could ask for. It just has some bugs where you may lose your post if it crashes mid posting. And sometimes it crashes unexpectedly. It's not most of the time, but it does happen in my system. I'm sure it'll keep getting better, though.