Tech News & Reviews
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Good-looking layout
- Ease of use
- Social network integration
- Reliable sources
- Can't sync gReader
- There isn't a topic list
+ By Newsfusion
Riversip is a news reader that focus on issued trending headlines
If you're looking for a reader to sync your all your RSS subscriptions this isn't what you're looking for (at least not so far). This is a preset-sourced reader that features the most-read and interesting tech-related news.
It has been developed to highlight them in a way that help you to stay updated in seconds. Riversip's Top News tab will show you the most relevant news per week, day or latest highlights in a scrollable list. You can tap in one article to open and read it from the app. Moreover, you can add from Topics tab those topics you want to get the latest info available. There's not a list of topics though, you'll have to use a search bar to input the ones you're looking for. Bear in mind that this is a tech-news reader, so the topics will be tech-related. If you're a dedicated techie or wannabe, this is a good starting point. Once you've added the topics, they'll remain in "My news" for a fast access to them.
You can sync Riversip with Facebook and Twitter. This way you'll enjoy a personalized briefing and see relevant chatter around news events from your Timeline. It takes some time for Riversip's servers to catch up with your Twitter timeline but, be patience because after that it works perfectly.
The main catch: it doesn't allow Google Reader integration. Besides that, if you're really into technology issues and don't want to miss a single thing related to it, this a fast and comfortable way to keep tune.Developer's original description available here
New startups, gadgets, reviews, mobile phones, innovations and much more delivered in an advanced and intuitive user interface, and with no information overload!
In short, this is what we provide for you -
- All relevant source - we deliver the best of the technology news world from the biggest and hottest news sources, to the smallest blogs, we bring you a full and total coverage of tech news from all around the web! (Seriously, it's all there - TechCrunch, The Verge, The Next Web, ReadWrite, Engadget and many more).
- Full coverage: If a certain story was published in more than one source, hit the 'more coverage' button and see the various sources that covered it.
- An awesome widget!
- Push notifications for prominent stories (optional) - in this day and age, who has the time to stay up to speed? We will send you push notifications when extremely exciting things are going on!
- A prioritized news feed - we have laid out the news for you using a smart algorithm in order for you to see the most important news first. Using various variables such as, social media buzz, the reputation of the source, media coverage and more, we know which stories are the "must know" and put them at the top for you!
- Your very own news feed - choose from thousands of topics including Android devices, manufacturers (Samsung, LG, HTC and more), tech companies & startups (including Apple, Google, Microsoft..), gadgets and future technology.
Don't bother yourself with screening the news, we do it for you! Clear your Tech News from the news that don't interest you!
- Youtube videos from the leading tech news channels - reviews, new releases, press announcements and more!
- Read it Later - a free built-in read it later feature allows you to save interesting articles inside the app!
Honestly, what more do you need?
If you enjoy it - please rate us high and share it with your friends!
* A great widget keeping you up to date even when you're busy!
* Some important bug fixes
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
as others have made mention there is a bug with how the displays e.g. portrait or landscape modes. content may be great but unusable as is hopefully a fix soon.
Nice and clean UI but portrait/landscape mode???
Nothing bad to say about it
Way better than the mashable or feedly app!!!!!!
V.nice apps ....love it
Why does app need access to my identity and media files?
You don't have to worry about being confused, the news that can't be refused. Just consider it, 'all news, may not be good, that should be understood.Consider the news from a certain source, with no problem of course.Just remember, from where it came from,first, this app's news will "quench your thirst."As it did for me, Freeky Geeky.You'll like, if not love it,too.