1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Easy to use
- Good usability and design
- Didn't find any. Did you?
Browse through the sections and download all the content you want
The Guardian is an Android app that enables users to read all the information from guardian.co.uk directly in their devices. Besides reading, the news you can also watch videos, listen to podcasts and browse through the picture galleries.
You can navigate through the sections, topics and contributors, choosing a maximum of eight to appear on your the main screen (e.g Top Stories, Multimedia, Sport, Culture, etc). It's also possible to download the content and add some news to your favorite lists in order to be able to read them while you're offline.
Guardian News & Media Ltd is the developer of this first app for accessing to all the info from The Guardian. The app is easy to use, the usability design is pretty good and it works smoothly. It's a great app for fans of the website and the newspaper, because now they can read it quicker directly from their phones.
Explore our award-winning multimedia content with videos, podcasts and stunning picture galleries.
Join the conversation: view, recommend, share and submit comments.
Upgrade to the Premium Tier (69p a month) for access to Crosswords, an advert-free experience, and future exclusive features and content.
Full feature list:
- download your homepage and favourites for offline reading with the touch of a button, or schedule a daily download for a time that suits you
- take part with comments and debate
- subscribe to the premium tier for:
- the cryptic and quick crosswords delivered every day direct to your phone
- no adverts
- exclusive future features and content
- live football scores, results and tables for hundreds of English, Scottish, European and international games
- receive alerts for big news stories, exclusives, and goals from your favourite football teams
- navigate by section, topic or contributor and discover related stories in an article
- browse our award-winning audio and video content
- save contributors, topics and sections to your favourites
- add favourites to your homescreen with an expanded view or link
- live, updating coverage of news and sport events
- swipe through stunning full-screen picture galleries
- share articles and galleries using the Android share menu
Information about the permissions we request:
2.7.12 - Fixed bug where GPS was used on launch for some users
2.7.11 - Change in permissions
We are developing ways to make it even easier to contribute your content to stories via our award-winning GuardianWitness platform - coming soon to the Guardian app. These changes enable this development to take place.
Find out more about this update here: http://www.theguardian.com/mobile/insideguardian/iphone-android-updates
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
Life would be so much poorer without the Guardian
Yet another update and now it sticks on the menu bar and I can't access the front page anymore. Pretty annoying.
the new update which has changed permissions on location services, can be a serious battery drainer. If there was a option to disable it, I would rate it higher.
Had this app until the latest update which wants my location. Uninstalled it on my Samsung Note and G2. Shame, because it's a nice app that worked well.
I have the Wall Street Journal app that I pay for and now don't use, the Guardian meets all my news needs.
Used to love the guardian but looks like you've shut down the guardian anywhere app. Allowed me to read the content at any time rather than requiring an Internet connection. I expected better if the guardian than to shut down a small time free app tryin
I love the amount of endless information and the fact The Guardian is a organisation not motivated by profit and focuses on qualitative news and opinion.