1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Easy to use
- Good usability and design
- Didn't find any. Did you?
Browse through the sections and download all the content you want
The Guardian is an Android app that enables users to read all the information from guardian.co.uk directly in their devices. Besides reading, the news you can also watch videos, listen to podcasts and browse through the picture galleries.
You can navigate through the sections, topics and contributors, choosing a maximum of eight to appear on your the main screen (e.g Top Stories, Multimedia, Sport, Culture, etc). It's also possible to download the content and add some news to your favorite lists in order to be able to read them while you're offline.
Guardian News & Media Ltd is the developer of this first app for accessing to all the info from The Guardian. The app is easy to use, the usability design is pretty good and it works smoothly. It's a great app for fans of the website and the newspaper, because now they can read it quicker directly from their phones.
Explore our award-winning multimedia content with videos, podcasts and stunning picture galleries.
Join the conversation: view, recommend, share and submit comments.
Upgrade to the Premium Tier (69p a month) for access to Crosswords, an advert-free experience, and future exclusive features and content.
Full feature list:
- download your homepage and favourites for offline reading with the touch of a button, or schedule a daily download for a time that suits you
- take part with comments and debate
- subscribe to the premium tier for:
- the cryptic and quick crosswords delivered every day direct to your phone
- no adverts
- exclusive future features and content
- live football scores, results and tables for hundreds of English, Scottish, European and international games
- receive alerts for big news stories, exclusives, and goals from your favourite football teams
- navigate by section, topic or contributor and discover related stories in an article
- browse our award-winning audio and video content
- save contributors, topics and sections to your favourites
- add favourites to your homescreen with an expanded view or link
- live, updating coverage of news and sport events
- swipe through stunning full-screen picture galleries
- share articles and galleries using the Android share menu
Information about the permissions we request:
2.7.8 - Minor bug fixes
2.7.7: Fix a crash bug with devices running Android 4.4 KitKat
2.7: New premium options
Upgrade to the Premium tier for only 69p a month (or local equivalent) to get the best experience of our content. This includes:
- Exclusive access to crosswords on Android
- An advert-free experience
- Future exclusive content and features
Find out more about this update here: http://www.theguardian.com/mobile/insideguardian/iphone-android-updates
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
Web is better
For keeping up to date with the latest. Easy to save and share stories from.
All the best content from the newspaper. All the opinion pieces and its updated very quickly. Love it.
I love this app
Automatic download works some days, not others. Some sections update, some don't. Annoying when I don't find out til I'm underground and have nothing to read...
That's how it feels going through news. BBC has better approach.
I'm using this App based in Taiwan. Recently when browsing any article, after about 20s I get redirected to a full screen advert for something or other, if I press back, I just get redirected again after 20s or so, articles are now unreadable. You shouldn