'Today in History' Widget
100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
There are many sources for events from all over the world in many different languages. Choose all you are interested in.
Current sources include:
- Wikipedia in many languages (English, Spanish, German, Polish, Italian, Dutch, Swedish and many more)
- BBC: "On This Day"
- The New York Times: "On This Day"
- DW-World: "Today in History"
- History.com: "This Day in History"
Three versions of the widget exist: A smaller (4x1) and a bigger one (4x2) and a stacked version for Android versions greater than 2. Choose the one which fits your needs better. Keep in mind: The smaller one can (obviously) display less text than the big one.
The widget is also tested on Android Honeycomb Tablets (Android 3.x) and on ICS (Android 4.x), so it should run flawlessly on such devices as well.
The widget downloads the events for the next days and stores them on your device, so there is no need for permanent internet access.
If you find any bugs, have any problems or if you have additional sources you want to be included in the widget, please write me a mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and do not comment on the Market, since I can not contact you here!
If you like the widget, please share, rate and comment it properly.
Thanks to all translators:
- Italian: Aldo Tarquilio <email@example.com>
Tags: codice htmlalmanacco del giorno, éphéméride historique gratuit sans pub, histoy today dutch, almanacco del giorno widget italiano wordpress, widget ephemerides html, www. hitory.com/about/, wikipedia ephemeride du jour script, widget meteo français sans pub gratuit, widget ephemeride html, textproblemsintodayinhistorywidget.
If you have problems, please contact 'firstname.lastname@example.org' so I can help you.
- Fixed a bug on Android 2.1, Widget works fine there now.
- Various other bugfixes
3.0: New Features:
- New Stacked Widget for Android 3.x and 4.x
- Restyled application, looks much more beautiful now
- Speed improvements all over the application