BaconReader for Reddit
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Intuitive UI
- Sorting options: What's hot, new, rising, top... by date
- Should be optimized for small-screen devices
+ By OneLouder Apps
BaconReader is the most popular Reddit reader
This is a must-have for Reddit junkies. It provides a very comfy layout that makes Reddit so easy to use. BaconReader UI has been optimized for both tablets and smartphones to give instant access to sub-reddits, pics, comments and everything that make Reddit the kitchen of the viral Internet.
No matter if you are an experienced redditor or if you are just now discovering Reddit. You'll get the hang of it quickly thanks to the way it is organized and the complete tutorial it comes with.
BaconReader's home is made up by two scrollable frames: one of them display the subreddits of the selected reddit, and the other display the specific subreddit content, including comments, images and sharing options.
There's no need to sign up for accessing Reddits and subreddits. However, you won't be able to comment, check inbox and post unless you do it.
BaconReader is an intuitive and full-featured BaconReader. What you were looking for.
***2013 Webby Award Nominee***
"Top 25 Best Free Android Apps" - Mashable
“This is the absolute best looking Reddit app around.” –Android Police
“BaconReader Is A Great New Reddit App For Android” –Addictive Tips
BaconReader is tailored to the most experienced redditors and the newest redditors alike, making reddit so simple to use with instant access to news and post links, pics, comments, and everything else reddit.
With features like subreddit grouping, keyword and domain filtering, and immediate picture uploading, you’ve got all things reddit in one easy and delicious place: BaconReader.
Follow us at r/BaconReader for the latest and upcoming BaconReader updates and features.
* Jelly Bean compatibility with expandable notifications and other Jelly Bean features
* Complete tutorial guide to reddit, for new and experienced redditors
* FULL Screen mode
* Tablet optimized design
* Sharp, ICS inspired design, with easier reddit navigation and more sorting options
* Full user profile support
* Color coded comment threads
* Full featured reddit inbox
* Rageface and look of disapproval support
* Easy access to subreddits using the subreddit sidebar with long-press
* Search for new subreddits based on name or keyword and subscribe to them
* Please let us help you with BaconReader or reddit bugs or problems by contacting our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in 4.1.1:
- Fixes launch crash (older devices)
What's New in 4.1.0:
Revamp of how we handle various link formats:
- IMAGEs (.jpg, .png) - no animation, stored in image cache, shown in zoomable image viewer
- GIFs (.gif) - animated, now also stored in image cache, shown in custom gif viewer
- VIDEOs (.gifv, .mp4, .webm) - animated, not stored, shown in VideoView
- WEB PAGEs (.html) - just web content
Can now tap on error response on screen to reload a link
Misc bug and crash fixes
The odd bug that is quickly fixed. Besides that, amazing app with many features.
Too many this is a pretty app for reddit. But the prettiness bogs down what reddit is really about... content and usability. Oh did I mention ads. If you like ads popping up, please download.
Bacon reader gets the job done. Keeps the Reddit content flowing, which is what you want, right?
Best reddit app out there! Might buy premium.
I don't hate it, I don't even know what's it used 4
It stops as if it's a separate source of sound.