1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
See the top stories from the UK and around the world, and personalise your experience by choosing to see the latest news on topics such as technology, sport, entertainment, health and business.
You can also watch the BBC News channel for up-to-the-minute live reports, and see video clips on most of the top stories.
• All the latest news as it happens
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• In-story video over 3G and WiFi
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Live streaming of the BBC News channel for Android 4.0+ devices
• Home screen widgets
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Font controls to increase or decrease the story text size to suit you
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top Stories, World, UK, Sport, Technology, Entertainment & Arts, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Business, Politics, Health, Education, Science & Environment, Features & analysis, Also In The News
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or Wifi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
Tags: why cant i access bbc news app from my xperia z phone?, sony xperia z bbc iplayer compatible, bbc news app xperia z, bbcpng, news for androed system live, bbc news report 28/03/2013, bbc news 28/03/2013, bbc app time limit news, text is small on bbc news, can sony xperia z view bbc i player.
New in this build:
• Fix for an issue that made videos unavailable over 3G on some networks
Account permission is required to determine if your device is capable of receiving push notifications.
- Susana C. Downloaded Dec 3, 2013
- Haibo C. Downloaded Aug 25, 2013
- Macdifff Downloaded May 10, 2013
- F071308 Downloaded May 10, 2013
- winston005 Downloaded May 1, 2013
- Zahidul H. Downloaded Apr 16, 2013
- Philip S. Downloaded Apr 12, 2013
- Collins Mawere Downloaded Mar 27, 2013
- BELKAID K. Downloaded Mar 23, 2013