SOON TO COME
- Button to open news items article in a browser
- CNN and YNET support
KNOWN TO HAVE PROBLEMS ON
- Samsung galaxy 5700 android 1.5
- Currently known to work only on android 2.1 and up.
- Android 2.1
- Android 2.2 and 2.2.1
- Samsung i9000
- HTC desire
- Nexus one
- Nexus S with 2.3.2
Home screen widget that let's you tap through your news.
This is no regular app. There are no next or prev buttons, just tap on the widget to get news headlines.
THIS IS THE FREE VERSION. IT IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL.
If you like it/use it, please know that it will always be without adds, and fully functional. The payed version however will soon include tons of new features like topics, many more news feeds and more localization options.
1) Vote for it so that I will have incentive to go on developing it.
2) Tell me your phone specs so that I can add that to the supported/unsupported platforms.
3) Comment, currently the only comment I got is from an angry little fella which I had never met. Go figure.
4) Suggest improvements.
Supports the following localization options:
Argentina, Australia, België, Belgique, Botswana, Brasil, Canada,Canada Français,Česká republika,Chile,Colombia, Cuba, Deutschland, España, Estados Unidos, Ethiopia, France, Ghana, India, Ireland, Israel English, Italia, Kenya, Magyarország, Malaysia, México, Namibia, Nederland, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norge, Österreich, Pakistan, Perú, Philippines, Polska, Portugal, Schweiz, Sénégal, Singapore, South Africa, Suisse,Sverige, Sénégal,Tanzania, Türkiye, U.K.,U.S., Uganda, Venezuela, Việt Nam (Vietnam), Zimbabwe, Ελλάδα (Greece), Россия (Russia), Украина / русский (Ukraine), Україна / українська (Ukraine), ישראל (Israel),الإمارات (UAE),السعودية (KSA),العالم العربي (Arabic),لبنان (Lebanon),مصر (Egypt),हिन्दी (India),தமிழ்(India),తెలుగు (India),മലയാളം (India),한국 (Korea),中国版 (China),台灣版 (Taiwan),日本 (Japan)",香港版 (Hong Kong)
This is what it does:
- It reads news from the web (Google news currently, about 30 headlines) and lets you tap trough them on your home screen in a widget.
- It caches news so you can read them even when without connection.
- It corrects LTR. Not perfect, but readable. Currently works OK as long as fonts are installed and as long as the news do not contain your language and English mixed). If it bothers you, use the English version of your news option.
- It doesn't consume any resources, no background threads or anything. It will update news only when you tap it so if you are running out of the office and want fresh news tap it before you leave wi-fi, or enable 3G.
This is how you install it:
- Open Gmail client on you phone
- Install the attachment
- Be sure to have two rows empty on your Home screen
- Long press on Home screen -> widgets ->NewsTap.
- Configure it
- Press OK
- Tap it to get news.
Tags: newstap , newstap configuring , newstap how to , newstap lite and server setup , newstap lite , more locale 2.2.1 free htc desire , 2.2.1 change locale options english/hong kong locale , morelocale arabic , 2.2 cannot find hong kong english locale