Press (RSS Reader)
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Feedly, Feedbin, Feed Wrangler sync
- Smooth navigation
- Ease of use
- Sober, minimalist
Press is a RSS client set in an elegant minimalist interface
Google Reader shut down, that's a fact. That doesn't mean RSS subscription service is dead. On the contrary, RSS subscribers are one of the most active community on the Internet (now one of the angriest with Google). However, other services developed their own RSS subscription system (Feedly, Feedbin, Feed Wrangler... and many other). This means that good RSS client readers like Press can keep on, offering an excellent way to read and save interesting articles and media.
Thus, Press supports sync with the service named above. In addition, it is fully integrated with Readability (actually, its design is quite similar to that app). Unlike other readers like Feedly that highlights articles, Press offers a magazine-shelf layout that gives more importance to sources. Thus, you won't see at first sight articles but sources in each category. Thus, you can enter those sources one by one and read the articles, as it were a e-mail inbox.
After clicking on the articles they'll be marked as "read", and the unread counter will go down in the home's sidebar, where all your categories are listed. This layout allows users to easily access the article and see how many articles are still to be read. However, it's sober and minimalist: no dark/light themes or flipping effects when swiping. Just the basic stuff to guarantee users' free will and fast navigation.
It contains adjustable widgets and lockscreen support for 4.2+
- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
This is huge update, with lots of goodies:
- Dark theme
- All new light theme - we've polished everything!
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (optionally for KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket or Instapaper (configure in Settings)
- New gestures in article list
- Swipe to mark as read/starred
- Swipe and pull left/right to reveal quick actions
- Font scaling for accessibility
- Localization for several languages
- Bug fixes, performance enhancements
In my opinion still the best designed app on android. Redesign is exactly what an app should be anno 2014. Could be designed to have a bit more of a personal feeling with a signature color (dark red). Would also like to see a top menu more in line with A
At the time of writing, not only the application feels slow and doesn't allow to configure feeds (feedly) as other users are reporting, But - more surprisingly - doesn't allow almost any *basic* customization in viewing; no color scheme/theme change (a
Muy buena app, diseño limpio y agradable, es genial leer mis feeds en ella. Lo único que creo tienen que mejorar es la pantalla de inicio, hacerle una portada de resumen o algo similar
Feeds load fast. But some of my feeds aren't loading completely, even after I hit the readability "couch" icon. Only the titles and/or a short description of my feeds load from certain websites. None of the pictures from the feeds load. I have to open a b
This app is f* gorgeous. Fever integration is perfect. Use it on a daily basis.
Getting tired of Feedly, and not interested in switching to another service. I'd dearly love to be able to use Press as a stand alone reader.
Updated from 4.4 to 4.4.2 (HTC One GPE) and Press was no longer seen as an installed app. I tried to reinstall from Play store and am getting install issues. All my other apps are working fine since the update (so far). I imagine its something breaking wi