Android Photo Review
by: Mars Software • 15
View, rate and label your RAW photos ready for importing into Adobe Lightroom 3/4 and Photoshop Elements. Supports most RAW formats.
Rate images from your DSLR on your tablet or phone.
The rating information is saved with the image, and is automatically applied to the image when it is imported into Lightroom/Photoshop Elements.
Note: Lightroom will not import metadata from a sidecar file for jpegs and DNG, therefore your ratings/labels won't appear in Lightroom. A free version (Android Photo Review Lite) is available for you to test before purchasing this app.
If you have problems, please contact me and I will work with you to try and fix any problems that you are having.
Save time by rating your raw photos on site during the shoot, and then import the photos with ratings into Lightroom when you get back to the office.
Features (new in bold):
Set Title and Description for image, tap to edit
Image count and Jump to image, tap little numbers e.g. 3/23
Double tap to zoom in image viewer
Flat or Cover Flow image selection
Improved support for LR3 and LR4
Improved UI, swipe between Histogram and Title/Description
Auto Advance when changing rating or label
Background loading of Image and Histogram on main screen
Bolder colour labels
Improved layouts for tablets and phones
No Ads !
Label Images (Colours - Red/Yellow/Green/Blue/Purple).
Keyboard shortcuts for viewing, rating and labeling.
Email support from preferences screen for help.
View Exif information.
Note: Viewing large images will be scaled down to approx 3000 x 2000 due to memory constraints.
Supported formats for viewing:
Canon - CRW and CR2 full raw files, sRaw not tested (but reported to work).
Olympus - ORF
Nikon - NEF
Panasonic - RW2
Sony - ARW
Panasonic - RAW Some newer cameras produce these files with an embedded jpg.
Fuji - RAF partial support, can view image but not exif data.
Minolta - MRW
DNG - partial support:
* Pentax generated DNGs, can extract embedded jpg.
* Leica M9 - Minor support, no embedded jpg to preview, just low quality tiny thumbnail.
* Others - Unknown. Please try and let me know how you get on.
RAW - old Panasonic raw files, no embedded jpg to preview.
TIF - No plans to support.
If you have raw photo files that can't be processed, email me a couple and I will try to add support for them in the app. Please contact me if you are having problems rather than just giving my app a 1 star rating. I can't help you if you don't get in touch.
Use the "Config" button (Hammer and Spanner) to configure select the folder with the images you want to view/rate.
The folder needs to be writeable, and should be under "/mnt", "/sdcard" "/removable" or start with "/usb".
File Browser - When selecting source folder:
• Tap folders to enter them.
• Tap image files to view.
• Tap parent directory or the back button to move up the directory tree.
• Press and hold for a context menu to select folder, cancel a selection or exit file browser.
• Exit without making a selection by:
1. Selecting "Exit File Browser" on context menu
2. Keep pressing the back button to exit
3. Long press of back button
Photos in the source folder are displayed on the main screen.
• The main photo can be changed by dragging the gallery control (looks a bit like a film strip) or by swiping left/right.
• Tap image to view full screen.
Raw Photo Viewer:
• Fling left/right to change image (or <> keys)
• Drag to move ( or cursor keys)
• Pinch to zoom (or +- keys)
• Tap or drag on stars to select rating from 0 to 5.
• Keys 0-5 to set rating.
• Select colour label from drop down list.
• Keys 6-9 to pick colour. No shortcut for purple.
Tags: photo review chomikuj , photo review , lightroom rate , photomate dng problems , photo apps light room , have raw support , photoshop lite raw , lightroom light , photo mate test