50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Runs smoothly
- Highly configurable
- Advanced features
- Advanced users
- Crash when switching Program Mode
+ By FlavioNet
Camera FV-5 is a worthy camera replacement with lots of pro features
If you are more into filters, effects and frames, this isn't the app you are looking for. This is a camera replacement that comes packed with more functions than the built-in camera. However, most of these new features are technical and require previous knowledge on photography.
Thus, Camera FV-5 has some main controls such as white balance, focus mode, metering mode, iso and exposure compensation. In addition, it features some extra tools like exposure, backeting, intervalometer (which is timelapse shooter) and autofocus.
From preferences, you can set image resolution, long exposure resolution, photo review time, antibanding, hardware controls, file format, storage location and many many other parameters. Actually, one of the plus points of Camera FV-5 is its settings: one of the most configurable camera apps.
The app runs smoothly and I only noticed a crash in some cameras when switching the Program Mode. I guess it's just a device issue, but it should be notified previously or otherwise fixed.
● All photographic parameters are adjustable and always at hand: exposure compensation, ISO, light metering mode, focus mode, white balance and program mode.
● DSLR-like viewfinder display: see exposure time, aperture and stops display with EV and bracketing settings.
● Full fledged exposure bracketing: from 3 to 7 frames, unlimited stops spacing, plus custom EV shifting.
● Built-in intervalometer: make stunning timelapses (even bracketed/HDR timelapses) and time-controlled picture series.
● Program and Speed-priority modes.
● Long exposure support: take beautiful night photos and light trails with long exposure times up to 30 seconds*.
● JPEG as well as PNG** image formats for lossless photo capturing, perfect for post-processing.
● All camera functions assignable to volume keys. You can adjust EV, ISO, color temperature and more using volume keys. Devices with hardware camera shutter key are also supported.
● EXIF and XMP sidecar metadata support.
● Self timer for delayed shooting.
● Autofocus, macro, touch-to-focus*** and infinity focus modes, plus a focus lock switch (AF-L).
● Autoexposure (AE-L) and auto white balance (AWB-L) locks in Android 4.0+.
● In background photo developing and processing allows a smooth, uninterrupted camera operation.
● Digital zoom using multitouch pinch gesture. Also shows 35mm equivalent focal length!
● The most advanced electronic viewfinder: live RGB histogram, 10 composition grid overlays and 9 crop guides available.
● Powerful organization options: different storage locations and fully customizable file names (even with variables).
● The user interface is available in more than 25 languages.
This camera application completely avoids scene modes, instead you get full manual control over all photographic parameters, just like you do with a reflex camera, so you can ultimately control every aspect of the picture, and leave the post-processing to the computer. So after your DSLR, you will never miss a photo opportunity again, being able to capture it with the closer sensation to your DSLR as possible.
IMPORTANT: If you find a bug using the application, PLEASE, visit the web page http://www.camerafv5.com or write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone model name and the description of the problem, before writing a negative comment (developers cannot reply to Google Play comments). Customer satisfaction is my priority, and I will do my best to fix the issues as soon as possible!
Connect with Camera FV-5 and stay always up to the latest information about current and future development. Visit the official website http://www.camerafv5.com, be a fan of http://www.facebook.com/CameraFV5, subscribe to http://www.twitter.com/CameraFV5 or watch tutorials at http://www.youtube.com/user/camerafv5.
* Long exposures lowers picture resolution to 2 or 1 MP, depending models. The reason is explained here: http://www.camerafv5.com/faq.php#long-exposure-resolution
** Lossless PNG saving is a memory intensive operation. Some devices might need to raise the memory limit for Camera FV-5 to save PNG pictures. See the FAQ here: http://www.camerafv5.com/faq.php#png-memory
*** Touch-to-focus available for Android 4.0+ devices.
- Approximate location and precise location: only used for geotagging functionality (disabled by default, and requires manual GPS activation).
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage and take pictures and videos: required for the usual camera operation.
- New: support for Samsung's AirView technology. Now you can hover your finger over ISO and white balance toolbar icons to preview the effects of those changes.
- Improved: many new models sporting Android 4.2+ support silent shooting. Unfortunately, still this doesn't work with every model (some manufacturers enforce that sound).
- Fixed: crash on some Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices.
- Improved: white balance preset gradient now reflects the real color temperature.
- Other smaller bug fixes.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Galaxy s4: The stock camera buries the iso settings in the background. This has it up front for easy access. The 'night mode' settings on stock are too slow. By the time the algorithm has finished processing, the photo blurs if anything moves. Like th
Not only does it not support use of the front facing camera as it advertised when I first downloaded it, but it freezes every time I hit the shutter button
Nexus 4 ART "unknown error - 24". Edit: FV-5 is a great app. I realize that ART is experimental but out of 175 apps on my N4 FV-5 is now the only one broken with ART. Thought the developer would like to know. 5 stars if working.
I have my HTC One S which takes stunning photo's regularly, but with this app alone, it boosts the capabilities ten fold. You can take photo's in PNG and at any resolution you prefer. Thank you Dev for creating an amazing application.
Great potential but updated to paid version which crashes and freezes almost constantly. Can't count on. Lost $4... :( droid maxx user
The functions would be great if they worked as described. Unfortunately on my galaxy s4 I have had many shots missed due to freezes and crashes. The volume keys are a great option for focus /shutter release but this only works sporadically. The exposure c
Even after force stopping app, task killing. the Flash Remains On.... Samsung S2X (T989D)