100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Original and hard to see elsewhere features
- Some features are unstable
An excellent camera app
Focal was the in-built camera for Cyanogen ROMS, but after some drama it was released on Play with moderate results. It's a heck of a camera app, but there are some features still in early development, which scares users. Anyway, it's unbeatable, but how ironic is that if it had fewer but more stable features it could have a better rating.
More info, here.
This app is the official release from the ex-CyanogenMod app.
*** THIS IS BETA: It has high chances of NOT WORKING PROPERLY - Instead of rating 1-star because something doesn't work, just WAIT FOR AN UPDATE - This is FREE! If it doesn't work on your device then REPORT THE BUG, then WAIT AND SEE -- If you don't want to test it, don't install it. ***
If you want to support the development, buy the Donate app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.xplod.focal.donate
- A photo and video mode, supporting many features (burst mode, timer mode, scene mode, shutter speed on Sony devices, ...)
- A panorama mode, currently semi-broken
- A PicSphere mode, open-source replacement of Google's PhotoSphere, to do 360° sphere shots
- A review drawer, by sliding from the top of the screen (in portrait). It shows your latest pictures.
In photo mode, you also have access to a few tools, such as automatic picture enhancement (auto-awesome), or a rule of thirds overlay. On some devices, settings such as Color adjustment, HDR and a manual light measure point are also available. Double tapping the screen will put your in quick shot mode, where tapping the screen anywhere will take a picture.
In video mode, high-framerate video is also possible.
Need help? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45806383
- You can slide a widget's left handle to the right to close it
- You can swipe twice to temporarily hide open widgets, and swipe back to recover them
- You can pin widgets on your main screen
- You can scroll the sidebar
- This app targets mostly phones, but should mostly work on tablets.
- It is fully open source (GPL), and the sources can be downloaded at https://github.com/xplodwild/android_packages_apps_Focal
- It is a BETA, which means you might encounter bugs and crashes. I'm mostly working on newer devices (Galaxy S3 and +), so older devices might encounter more issues than recent ones.
- I do this in my free time, and this is a free software. Instead of rating 1 star because there is a bug, you should do a constructive comment, or raise the issue to me on twitter, @xplodwild. Or even better, fork the project and fix the problem :)
- Even if some parts of the app sucks for now, they'll improve over time.
- (Finally) fixed regressions on Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2013) and a few other devices.
- More fixes to come soon
On my Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II it opens and I can access all the settings but there's a problem with the camera where I have a ton of tiny cameras tiled and squished together and the performance goes way down. I know this is beta so I can't complete
i give five stars since it works on non cyanogenmod now but on the Samsung Infuse 4G running 4.4.2 Beanstalk its not so good i can access the options but they disappear in like 2 Sec and when moving the camera it shakes like crazy but i know its a beta so
Thanks developer for this great. It's really fast and easy. Really nice. It also launches photos fast. Cool interface too.
HTC one m7 the flash or torch setting doesn't work while on video . however flash when taking a picture on camera mode does work. Please fix
Very promising but still incomplete. The sidebar icons get stuck selected when scrolling. Settings for shutter sound, compression quality, etc. are missing. Anyway the author deserves recognition for the great job done!
Has some rather major bugs on my i9100 kitkat. Starting video recording has unpredictable results more than 50% of the time (hangs / crashes / going back to camera starts the recording / starting to record also takes a corrupted photo / all of the above!
It has a few bugs but it works great for a BETA. Has a lot of potential. Please help the developer with your feedback.