1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image shown above).
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Flash on/off/auto/torch.
* Choice of focus modes (including macro).
* Touch to select focus and metering area.
* Face detection option.
* Choice of front/back camera.
* Choose scene modes, color effects, white balance and exposure compensation.
* Choice of camera and video resolution, and JPEG image quality.
* Video recording (with optional audio).
* Timer option.
* Burst mode, with configurable delay.
* Option to silence the shutter.
* GUI works in any orientation without any pause when changing orientation. Option to optimise for left and right-handed users.
* Configurable volume keys (to take picture, or zoom).
* Choice of save location.
* On-screen display shows battery, time, remaining device memory, and orientation angle of camera; also option to overlay 3x3 grid for "rule of thirds".
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos.
* Instructions available from http://opencamera.sourceforge.net/
* Completely free and ad-free, unlike most Android apps. Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware features, or the Android version.)
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app. Thanks!
1.4: Fixed focus areas for front camera; meta data wasn't getting saved with auto-stabilise option; toast messages looked poor on Android 4.4; fixed some crashes. Gallery option now works properly, along with new animation when taking photo (you can disable if you don't like this sort of thing!)
New options: geotagging, face recognition. Touch to focus also sets metering. Time now displayed on-screen. Made it easier to see on-screen text.
Note location permission now required for geotagging.