1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Stunning effects
- Good-looking layout
- Ease of use
- Sharing options
- Just 12 lens
- Incompatibilities with some devices
- Video recording not supported
Paper Camera adds different cartoon effects to your pictures
Paper camera allows you to catch the World with original lens. There are up to 12 different lens: comic book, cartoon, neon,... that give a new touch to your pictures. What's more, you can adjust contrast, brightness and lines, and edit it at your own. You can take photos from the app or load one photo from your gallery and apply the effects. You will get hooked by this app since the first time you launch it. It is set in a good-looking interface and it's really easy to use (maybe due to its lack of options).
And that's precisely its main catch: we're missing more lens and effects as well as extra editing features. What's more, it would be great to record video using these lens. JFDP Labs LTD, its developers say that they're working on it. The app had issues and incompatibilities with Huawei x5 and Samsung Moment. Despite of this flaws, the app is truly worth.
This is the ultimate collection of cartoon/sketch/comic book/half tone/noir/neon and many other effects painted directly in your camera, no more boring post-effects, it's all real time, you simply won't stop wandering, wherever you are, having a look at things and cartoon-ize them!
You can wave your phone around and see the world change before your eyes, take pictures using any of the stylish cartoon effects or apply them to your existing photos.
Please contact us if you have any issues with this App, we will give you a refund and later notify you once we've fixed the problem.
● I’ve purchased the App, but I can’t download it.
Please check that you have good Internet connectivity and retry. If the problem persists, please contact us and we will provide a solution.
● I have a Samsung device, and the gallery doesn’t open sometimes.
Please allow a couple of seconds after taking a picture before clicking the gallery button, on Samsung devices the gallery can’t be open while running the media scanner.
● Why do you require the NFC and INTERNET permissions?
NFC is required to support Android Beam and INTERNET is required for the Facebook, Twitter and YouTube integration.
● How can I play Paper Camera videos on my PC?
Using any WebM player. We recommend Firefox or Chrome, however you might be able to use Windows Media Player or Internet Explorer if you install the right plugins.
● I can't play Paper Camera videos on my standard device gallery.
You require Android 4.0 or higher for this to work, on older versions you can use the in-app video player.
● I can't record video with Paper Camera on my new device, why?
We've only enabled this feature on devices that we know can support it properly. However you can still try using unofficial video recording support.
● How do I enable unofficial video recording support?
In the settings menu. Let us know if this works properly on your device and we will officially enable it in future versions. Please note that you will have to be running Android 2.3.3 and have support for NEON instructions for this to work at all.
● I've unlocked unofficial video support but I cannot playback my videos in Paper Camera, why?
This is a known limitation on some devices, there are 3 workarounds for this:
- You can playback videos on your PC.
- You can use MX Video Player, if you enable software mode.
- Hopefully when your device will receive a 4.0 upgrade this issue will be fixed.
This software uses code of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv2.1 and its source can be downloaded here: jfdplabs.com/ffmpeg
Thank you for your download!
JFDP Labs monkey team.
● Added specific version for Intel devices
● Higher picture resolution
- On some devices, up to 8-12 megapixel
- On all devices, at least 3 megapixel
● Higher video resolution and smoother video
- On some devices, up to 720p
- On all devices, up to 480p
● Better sharing flow
● Fixed twitter sharing
I don't have primary camera Xd... LMAO. Developer please send me one.
Pretty neat app for capturing and converting images to comic style. If you like comic strip graphics you are sure to love this app.
Love the app
My kids and I like finding fun ways to take pictures. This app provides a whole new realm to explore.
I love this app Kik @ Shawtyherethick
Unusable any picture saved to gallery is chopped in half.