Phostalgia: All-in-one Gallery
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Landscape Mobile
Dropbox / Google Drive / SkyDrive, local device, from friends--photos are all over the place. But life is ONE. We shouldn't have to open various galleries to view pieces of our life, but just this one gallery to view our whole life.
Phostalgia is the gallery that brings you this peace and joy. Your beautiful photos from everywhere--cloud, local and shared--are artistically laid out into one timeline, magically grouped by events.
- To minimize your mobile data usage, photos on Dropbox / Google Drive / SkyDrive (multiple accounts supported) will be synced to Phostalgia server, and then be served to the Phostalgia gallery at appropriate size according to device screen size. This way sharing cloud photos to events is purely server to server, without consuming your mobile data.
- Cloud photos stay private. We won't share/post them without your permission.
- Photos on local devices (SD card) stay local and private. We won't upload/share/post them without your permission.
- Friends and you took photos on a party, a wedding or a tour? Just create an Event on Phostalgia and invite other attendees, so that every attendee can view (either in Phostalgia gallery or on Phostalgia.com), download (at original size) and comment (only in Phostalgia gallery for now) on all the event photos. No more nagging friends to email or post photos. No more taking the same group photo on multiple phones.
- Only share to selected people who were present. Maximizing convenience without compromising privacy.
☆ Free and ad-free photo gallery
☆ The one gallery for all your photos, from Dropbox / Google Drive / SkyDrive (and more services coming soon) and SD card
☆ Minimizing mobile data usage by serving the gallery with photos at appropriate size according to device screen size
☆ Photos magically grouped by events, based on taken time, geolocation and folder/album (if any)
☆ Artistic photo gallery - it's a timeline; it's a photo waterfall.
☆ Sharing event photos to selected friends who were present
☆ Downloading event photos at original size
☆ Enjoying and contributing photos on Web - not only can your iPhone friends view large photos on Phostalgia.com, but now they can contribute photos.
☆ Picking good event photos to show in your "My Pinboard" (home view of gallery) with Pin/Unpin
☆ Inviting attendees using SMS, Facebook Messenger, or any other app you like.
☆ Attendees commenting on event photos
☆ Offline mode supported with local cached data
☆ Linking multiple accounts of Dropbox / Google Drive / SkyDrive
☆ Other functionalities on par with the default Gallery app, e.g. sharing/exporting photos to any other app
Premium Features (more to come), FREE for Beta users!
☆ Unlimitedly downloading event photos at orignal size
☆ Unlimited number of linked Dropbox / Google Drive / SkyDrive
☆ And much more to come…
Tags: phostalgia, lars vincke.
Beta 0.8.6 - May 29, 2013
* Wow! Much quicker, smoother viewing local photos at original size (based on OpenGL)!
* Supporting xxhdpi devices, e.g. Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One
* Fixing blinks on app launch
* Other bug fixes