Photaf THD Panorama Pro
1,000 - 5,000 downloads
- Original combo of GPS and camera
- In terms of the effort put in, results may be disappointing.
+ By Bengigi
This app makes interactive landscapes from a series of photos.
This version of Photaf is designed for Tegra devices. Stay aside if you aren't the lucky owner of one of those devices, and look for the standard version. Anyway, the original review entirely applies here and you can read it below for your convenience.
Photaf Pro may seem original right now, but we're sure that apps like this will be commonplace in the near future.
Until they become the order of the day, however, it's compulsory to read the Help file because it’s not easy to create the 3D panoramas. It's something that can't be improvised; you have to plan well what you want to do. So much planning can be a bit dissuasive and the results can be somewhat disappointing. This means that you should be prepared to spend some time mastering this app.
To give you a rough idea, let's say that a 3D landscape is made from 9 to 12 photos. Take the first one and move the phone towards the arrow displayed on screen until you hear a beep. Once all the photos have been taken, you have to wait a little until your device processes the whole image. Make sure to stay still and that there aren't moving objects around. Once you achieve something worthy, you can save or share it at your whim.
For Tegra-powered devices only - learn more on TegraZone available on the Android Market.
* Tegra 3 - Quad core acceleration *
Photaf Panorama THD - The best Android App for creating panoramas
Create beautiful, seamless 360 panoramic photos easily by utilizing the camera and the orientation sensor to know the exact angle each picture was taken.
When done, you can move your phone around to see the complete panoramic view by using the phone's compass or the touch screen.
You can view Photaf's online panoramas gallery and get useful tips for taking better panoramas at www.photaf.com website.
● Automatic Image Stitching
● 360 Panorama creation
● Upload to Photaf.com website and view it from your computer!
● Facebook Share - Share panoramas with your friends!
● Pinch to Zoom
● Move to SD
● Set as Live wallpaper (Pro version)
● HD Mode (Pro Version)
● Use Camera in portrait mode (Pro Version)
● Ad Free (Pro Version)
● Export to gallery folder
● Designed for both Tablet and Phones
● Optimized for Honeycomb - Works on the Motorola Xoom, Asus Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and all other Honeycomb tablets
● Direct uploading of panorama into your Facebook wall!
● Flattened image view
● Faster stitching, optimized for dual and quad core
● Background stitching, stitching will start while you are taking the panorama
● Panoramas presentation view in the main menu
● Improved UI
Please read the troubleshooting section bellow as it may help with common problems.
Common issues and troubleshooting:
● Cannot take the next picture \ Sensor inaccurately follows movement
This is a compass calibration problem, go to Photaf picture taking mode and before taking the first picture, wave your phone in a figure 8 pattern to reset the magnetometer in your device.
● "Cannot create file, make sure to use a valid file name"
Usually, this is a file creation error, due to SD card either not available, full or corrupted.
This error can also popup when the specified name already exists.
Try the following:
- Use a different unique name
- Make sure the SD card is not mounted to your PC via USB
- Make sure you have enough space on your SD card
- Move some unused files from your SD to your computer, sometimes too many files on the SD can cause problems too
- Reboot your device
* Special Black Friday deal *
- Performance improvements for Tegra processors
- HTC One X users - Please upgrade your OS to version 1.28 to fix freezing issues
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Peter Warrior.
- There aren't any comments yet, be the first to comment!