Picture Wall Calendar Widget
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Jürgen "Kashban" Wahlmann
You are free to set colors, captions and the font of the calendar, and all of this will be exported and shared, so the recipient of your mail will see the calendar exactly as you did.
All you require is this app and a few minutes of your time.
When your Picture Calendar has been received, it's a matter of minutes again to download this app and import the calendar.
This works best on birthdays, holidays, or other special days like Christmas, Valentines Day or a Wedding Day, not restricted to those.
The Calendar marks Days with Appointments, if you select one or more Calendars to get them from.
Special free download: Calendars with Photos of the German Photographer Hans-Jürgen Werner:
More Calendars to download under
and it's sub pages.
Please do not reshare the Pictures in those calendars or variations of the calendars without referring to the source. Thanks!
*** Key Features ***
- Resembles a classic Photo Wall Calendar
- Dynamic size (from Android 4.1 on)
- Fully customizable in Pictures, Captions, Colors, Fonts, Transparency and Spiral binding
- Calendar export and import
- Share Calendars through Google Drive or Android standard share functionality
- Highlight your Contacts' Birthdays, get notified of any birthdays today and jump directly to the contact
- Showing a Contact's Picture if currently having Birthday
- Change Pictures and Captions anytime you want
- Share Pictures from the Wall Calendar to other Apps
- Send Images from other Apps to the Wall Calendar
*** Google+ Page ***
*** G+ Beta Community ***
*** Using Sony Xperia devices or Custom Launchers ***
If you experience Issues with the Widget Layout on your Device, try selecting a fixed Layout in the App Settings.
*** Permissions ***
- "Your personal Data (Read Contact Data)": read your Contact's birthdays and pick a contact for Google Drive sharing (opt in)
- "Full Internet Access" to load Ads and connect to Google Drive
- "Your Accounts (manage the Accounts List, use Authentication Credentials)" for G+ and Google Drive Access (opt in)
- "Storage (modify/delete SD Card contents)" to store Ads temporarely and Pictures loaded into the Calendar permanently
- "System Tools (prevent phone from sleeping)" to keep screen on during some operations
*** Anonymous Usage Statistics ***
This App gathers anonymous usage statistics through Google Analytics to find bugs and enhance future user experience. You can opt out by deactivating this option in the App's settings.
*** Frequently asked Questions ***
F: Why can't I find the Widget after installing the App?
A: This is a common problem on Android. To solve this, please restart your Homescreen launcher or your device. The Widget should then show up as expected.
F: Are Calendars shared from Google Drive always public?
A: No, it's up to you if the Calendars are shared in private, public with a need to know link or completely public. If you like you can share them with me too, I'd greatly appreciate it.
F: After updating the app and logging in the Drive files list is empty?
A: Please change the orientation of your device. The list should be shown correctly after the change.
*** After upgrading your Device to Android 4.1/4.2 JellyBean please remove and recreate all Picture Calendar Widgets, otherwise you might encounter issues like Widget not loading completely or the Update Service failing. ***
If you encounter any Issues, Problems or Errors, please let me know through the E-Mail-Address given below.
- Now marks Events and Appointments (requires Calendar Permission)
- Event color customizable
- Six different Event Markers available, Colour customizable
- Improved Frames around current Day and Birthdays
- Arrows are now of the same Color as the Captions
- Wide Layout: Arrows no longer on the Picture
- Tapping on the Calendar Texts now opens Current Month in your System Calendar.
- New sample Calendar: Family
- Bug fixes