500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Ease of use
- Shooting modes
- Lots of options within reach
- Can't switch between photo/video
- Limited output resolution (free version)
ProCapture isn't an app to apply filters, effects or edit pictures. It's an app that makes it simpler and adds features to the built-in camera. Actually it claims to be the perfect replacement for the default camera of your device.
First off, ProCapture is divided in two parts: left and right frame. Right frame just includes the trigger, a button for switching front/rear camera, launch the gallery or settings; and finally a thumbnail preview to see the last photo we took. From left menu you can select shooting mode (normal, timer, burst, panorama...), launch the gallery, enable/disable location, white balance (auto, daylight, cloudy...), exposure (from -2.0 to +1.5) and finally settings. In settings you can enable/disable histogram, composition, picture size and picture quality.
Main flaw: it doesn't allow you to switch between photo/video mode (just pictures). Anyway, it's still an excellent replacement for stock camera. Highly recommendable.
This free version has limited output resolution and doesn't include the "unlock" feature.
● Buy the full version "ProCapture" to get higher resolutions and touch-to-focus. Alternatively, buy "ProPanorama" to get only the panorama features of the app but for a lower price.
● Some options cannot be changed if you use a Scene Mode other than "Auto".
● Touch-to-focus is only supported by Android 4.0+.
● This camera app does not currently support video capture.
● Panorama mode automatically links together up to 12 photos to produce a high resolution panoramic image, providing the ability to zoom in on small details. Output panorama has the highest resolution and best quality among competitors (depends on device memory).
● Wide Shot mode automatically links together 3 photos to produce a high resolution wide image, while preserving scene geometry. The result is like taking a single shot using a wide-angle lens.
● Reduced Noise mode captures 2 photos and combines them together in order to reduce camera noise in the photo by about 30%.
● Shoot better photos with 2 different on-screen camera composition aids: grid and Fibonacci spiral.
● Real-time on-screen histogram helps you get better exposed photos.
● Ability to lock image focus by long pressing the shutter button and recompose the shot.
● Simple UI with easy access to all camera features.
● On-screen remaining photos indicator.
● Ability to configure volume buttons for zoom or photo capture.
● Save photos to internal or external storage.
Please email us in case you encounter any problem. We can't reply to reviews.
Recently changed in this version:
Last activity on ProCapture Free
- Isela 97 Downloaded 3d ago
- slimding Downloaded Apr 23, 2013
- FAISAL 12.. Downloaded Apr 22, 2013
- samir alvarado Downloaded Apr 21, 2013
- AYDINYAY Downloaded Apr 20, 2013
- beyza.99.12 Downloaded Apr 17, 2013
- basudebde Downloaded Apr 3, 2013
- asif.pinak Downloaded Apr 1, 2013
- mz_shakil Downloaded Mar 31, 2013
Lists with: ProCapture Free
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Comments and ratings for ProCapture Free
on the wide shot it keep crashing. plse fix
No videos at all, it redirects you to the default app for recording videos. Not what i was looking for.
So far its good :)
3.5 stars. The app is great. The UI is designed properly with controls easily reachable. It badly needs ISO settings. The only problem I encountered is that on my HTC Butterfly, when I tap the preview icon the whole phone hangs up - sometimes it needs a r
Focus and quality Is A+