500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Ease of use
- Shooting modes
- Lots of options within reach
- Can't switch between photo/video
- Limited output resolution (free version)
ProCapture brings you lots of photo features within reach
ProCapture isn't an app to apply filters, effects or edit pictures. It's an app that makes it simpler and adds features to the built-in camera. Actually it claims to be the perfect replacement for the default camera of your device.
First off, ProCapture is divided in two parts: left and right frame. Right frame just includes the trigger, a button for switching front/rear camera, launch the gallery or settings; and finally a thumbnail preview to see the last photo we took. From left menu you can select shooting mode (normal, timer, burst, panorama...), launch the gallery, enable/disable location, white balance (auto, daylight, cloudy...), exposure (from -2.0 to +1.5) and finally settings. In settings you can enable/disable histogram, composition, picture size and picture quality.
Main flaw: it doesn't allow you to switch between photo/video mode (just pictures). Anyway, it's still an excellent replacement for stock camera. Highly recommendable.
This free version has limited output resolution and doesn't include the "unlock" feature.
● Buy the full version "ProCapture" to get higher resolutions and touch-to-focus. Alternatively, buy "ProPanorama" to get only the panorama features of the app but for a lower price.
● Some options cannot be changed if you use a Scene Mode other than "Auto".
● Touch-to-focus is only supported by Android 4.0+.
● This camera app does not currently support video capture.
● Panorama mode automatically links together up to 12 photos to produce a high resolution panoramic image, providing the ability to zoom in on small details. Output panorama has the highest resolution and best quality among competitors (depends on device memory).
● Wide Shot mode automatically links together 3 photos to produce a high resolution wide image, while preserving scene geometry. The result is like taking a single shot using a wide-angle lens.
● Reduced Noise mode captures 2 photos and combines them together in order to reduce camera noise in the photo by about 30%.
● Shoot better photos with 2 different on-screen camera composition aids: grid and Fibonacci spiral.
● Real-time on-screen histogram helps you get better exposed photos.
● Ability to lock image focus by long pressing the shutter button and recompose the shot.
● Simple UI with easy access to all camera features.
● On-screen remaining photos indicator.
● Ability to configure volume buttons for zoom or photo capture.
● Save photos to internal or external storage.
Please email us in case you encounter any problem.
Added Sony Z1 resolutions.
Added 4:3 and 3:2 crop aspect ratios.
- Kevin A. Downloaded 12h ago
- Benny B. Downloaded Nov 27, 2013
- Kelvinkern Downloaded Nov 26, 2013
- Mohmedhusain K. Downloaded Nov 26, 2013
- Daniel A. Downloaded Nov 15, 2013
- Melany S. Downloaded Oct 9, 2013
- Evelinciita H. Downloaded Sep 4, 2013
- Maria G. Downloaded Jul 9, 2013
- email@example.com Downloaded Jun 22, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
I needed a new phone on a low budget and the stock app takes awful pictures, then I found this app and I now have quality shots. I only have a 5mp camera and this app drastically improves it. I will be purchasing the full app, thank you developers!
Excellent features, I've played with many of the features because they are easy to access.
Love this app, The Panorama mode is pretty good and the Wide Shot mode is cool. Also, unlike that OTHER app, it DOESN"T tell you that you do not have enough memory or crash.
Nice app .... .
Bit hard to test it to see if it's worth it if you only give us 3.2mp resolution. How about a timed trial version instead?