50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Ease of use
- Shooting modes
- Lots of options within reach
- High resolution
- Can't switch between photo/video
ProCapture brings you lots of photo features within reach
Pro version removes output resolution restrictions and includes the "unlock" feature.
ProCapture isn't an app to apply filters, effects or edit pictures. It's an app that makes it simpler and adds features to the built-in camera. Actually it claims to be the perfect replacement for the default camera of your device.
First off, ProCapture is divided in two parts: left and right frame. Right frame just includes the trigger, a button for switching front/rear camera, launch the gallery or settings; and finally a thumbnail preview to see the last photo we took. From left menu you can select shooting mode (normal, timer, burst, panorama...), launch the gallery, enable/disable location, white balance (auto, daylight, cloudy...), exposure (from -2.0 to +1.5) and finally settings. In settings you can enable/disable histogram, composition, picture size and picture quality.
Main flaw: it doesn't allow you to switch between photo/video mode (just pictures). Anyway, it's still an excellent replacement for stock camera. Highly recommendable.
● Free version available with limited output resolution and no touch-to-focus. TRY IT FIRST!
● Some options cannot be changed if you use a Scene Mode other than "Auto".
● Touch-to-focus is only supported by Android 4.0+.
● This camera app does not currently support video capture.
● Panorama mode automatically links together up to 12 photos to produce a high resolution panoramic image, providing the ability to zoom in on small details. Output panorama has the highest resolution and best quality among competitors (depends on device memory).
● Wide Shot mode automatically links together 3 photos to produce a high resolution wide image, while preserving scene geometry. The result is like taking a single shot using a wide-angle lens.
● Reduced Noise mode captures 2 photos and combines them together in order to reduce camera noise in the photo by about 30%.
● Shoot better photos with 2 different on-screen camera composition aids: grid and Fibonacci spiral.
● Real-time on-screen histogram helps you get better exposed photos.
● Ability to lock image focus by long pressing the shutter button and recompose the shot.
● Simple UI with easy access to all camera features.
● On-screen remaining photos indicator.
● Ability to configure volume buttons for zoom or photo capture.
● Save photos to internal or external storage.
● The best alternatives to Google's own Android apps - Engadget
● "what it does - it does the best" - ZDNet, 8/10
● "ProCapture's streamlined interface has an immediate appeal for us." - DPReview Connect
● "it’s the second WideShot option that makes this app a must-have." - Forbes
● "ProCapture delivers some truly excellent photographic tools." - AndroidTapp, 4.8/5
● Video review by hollywoodfrodo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f1mj5BrEWM
Please email us in case you encounter any problem.
Removed blackboard/whiteboard color effects as they were causing crashes on several devices.
Gallery action bar auto-hide tweak.
Fixed flipped warm/cold vintage labels.
Redesigned app icon.
New menu for Android 4.0+.
Focus mode moved to the last setting under the new menu.
New camera roll/gallery interface with better performance.
Improved memory management.
Minor UI changes across the app.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
The fact that the screen rotates (even though I have that function turned off on my phone) is a huge annoyance. When changing the settings, taking a photo, or looking at a photo I just took, the screen rotates if I have my phone just slightly slanted. It
Worked beautifully for months but had now stopped - crashes on launch and locks up my phone. Had to uninstall :-(
Excellent! Picture quality fights Sony CyberShot camera app. Options must be little bit faster.
Been using this for almost a year now. I prefer ProCapture more than any other paid camera app I have bought in PlayStore.
The dev has improved the app a lot in the recent past, it is now my go-to camera. I gave the free version a good long test drive and liked the things it does. PC focuses better than the stock app and pictures shot with it just flat come out better. My fri
i Always wait a looong time after installing an app before ever buying it & even looonger before i Will even consider rating it - because i NEED to be sure my rating is honest. This is my honest rating: ProCapture is my favorite camera app out there! i'VE
Configurable and powerful.