5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Great degree of control
- Requires Android 4.0 or better.
A mobile photo editor
At last here it is. Snapseed has quickly become one of the most downloaded photo editors and it's time to put our hands -and pics- on it. One of the first features that will catch your eye is that it's dazzling fast, allowing previews just by playing with sliders. Secondly, it makes full use of the new Android user interface, mostly controlled by up-down and left-right swipes and little tiny icons at the squares. That can be quite unthankful, because changing on screen buttons for gestures may seem cool, but it's rather unintuitive. Likewise, overall design works great on tablets the bigger the better, but it may be clumsier in devices with not so large screens. Anyway, it's all about playing with it for a while before trying to impress your friends with a photo just taken. In exchange, it allows an extremely precise degree of control.
Snapseed doesn't bring any relevant new filter to filter-land and surprisingly there isn't a zoom in feature. What you will find instead are some serious features regarding cropping and tilt-shift.
In the end, a free from beginning to end app, perhaps a little bit advanced to running times. Hardcore mobile photographers will love it, while the rest will have to reconcile with not-so-trendy yet more pragmatic photo editors.
Anyone can enhance, transform, and share their photos with ease using incredibly advanced features from the leader in digital photography software. Built-in Google+ capabilities make it even more powerful to share your images with your friends and family.
PRAISE FOR SNAPSEED:
“Snapseed…first-class photo-editing software.” ~~Roy Furchgott, New York Times
“Snapseed...offers an incredible level of control over its effects and filters.” ~~Jaymar Cabebe, CNET
• Easily adjust your photos with a single tap using Auto Correct
• Tweak your photo to perfection with Tune Image
• Use Selective Adjust to enhance specific objects or areas in your photos
• Experiment with fun & innovative filters like Drama, Vintage, Grunge, and Tilt-Shift
• Add Image Borders for a finishing touch
• Share your creations via Google+, email, and any other service you have installed.
• Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later
• Phone or Tablet
• JPEG photos
• Language support: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), and Arabic
GET IN TOUCH:
== Basic Adjustments ==
• Auto Correct - Automatically analyzes your photo and adjusts color and exposure to perfection.
• Selective Adjust - Make precise selections and enhancements to specific areas of your photos in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology.
• Tune Image - Use Ambience to create depth and vibrancy that uniquely adapts to colors and textures. Adjust White Balance, Saturation, Contrast, more.
• Straighten & Rotate - Rotate 90° and/or straighten photos with simple gesture controls.
• Crop - Easily crop images to remove distracting parts of your photo with standard aspect ratios, or a free crop.
== Creative Enhancements ==
• Black & White - Get that classic Black and White look with this darkroom-inspired filter.
• Vintage Films - Make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s.
• Drama - Add style with a custom effect specifically tailored to your photos, ranging from subtle textures to wildly artistic effects.
• Grunge - Give your photos a totally unique, hip, and dingy look.
• Tilt-Shift - Create a narrow in-focus area designed to simulate depth of field, common in a Miniature Scene look.
• Details - Enhance details with traditional sharpening or the unique Structure control found in the Nik Software professional products.
• Center Focus - Draw attention to the subject of your photo by blurring and adjusting the brightness of the surrounding background.
• Frames - Add stylized borders to photos for the perfect finishing touch.
• Retrolux - Make your photos look truly retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles, and more.
• The new HDR SCAPE filter brings a stunning look to your images
• A new Shadows slider in Tune Image that brightens dark areas naturally
• Plus bug fixes and other small improvements
Some lists where this application appears: Nexus 7.
Best free photo app on the market.
Tilt shift seems to be broken after last update
The best in class editing tools and that too in a easy to use format for smartphones. I never miss my laptop and mouse to edit any image even for professional purpose anymore. Give it a tru and follow the initial instructions. I am sure you will love it more that anything else among image editors. Happy Editing :-)
Whenever HDR function is selected, it crashes and ive reinstalled and restarted several times and no change
Randomly closes while making adjustments to the tilt shift filter. Played with a few others without issue. Will rate higher once this is fixed.
can edit photos in seconds, best photo editing app found so far...