10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Great degree of control
- Requires Android 4.0 or better.
A mobile photo editor
At last here it is. Snapseed has quickly become one of the most downloaded photo editors and it's time to put our hands -and pics- on it. One of the first features that will catch your eye is that it's dazzling fast, allowing previews just by playing with sliders. Secondly, it makes full use of the new Android user interface, mostly controlled by up-down and left-right swipes and little tiny icons at the squares. That can be quite unthankful, because changing on screen buttons for gestures may seem cool, but it's rather unintuitive. Likewise, overall design works great on tablets the bigger the better, but it may be clumsier in devices with not so large screens. Anyway, it's all about playing with it for a while before trying to impress your friends with a photo just taken. In exchange, it allows an extremely precise degree of control.
Snapseed doesn't bring any relevant new filter to filter-land and surprisingly there isn't a zoom in feature. What you will find instead are some serious features regarding cropping and tilt-shift.
In the end, a free from beginning to end app, perhaps a little bit advanced to running times. Hardcore mobile photographers will love it, while the rest will have to reconcile with not-so-trendy yet more pragmatic photo editors.
== Tools to Perfect Photos==
• Tune image - use to auto adjust for instant fixes, use Ambience to create depth and vibrancy that uniquely adapts to colors and fine tune brightness, saturation, contrast, and more
• Details - enhance details with traditional sharpening or the unique Structure control that makes a photo’s subject pop
• Crop - crop images to standard aspect ratios or free crop
• Rotate - easily rotate 90°, straighten or free rotate how you like
• Transform - adjust perspective across vertical and horizontal axes, then fill in empty areas after rotation
• Brush - selectively apply effects to regions of an image
• Selective adjust - make precise selections and enhancements to specific areas of your photos in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology
• Spot repair - remove dust and dirt from the image without leaving a trace
• Vignette - adjust brightness around the the subject of an image, includes a control to freely position the effect
== Filters to Add Style ==
• Lens Blur - draw attention to the subject of your photo by blurring and adjusting the brightness of the surrounding background
• Glamour Glow - add a glow to the image that is particularly useful for glamour and fashion photography
• Tonal Contrast - bring out fine contrasts across shadows and highlights, with precise exposure control
• HDR Scape - bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama - add style with an effect specifically tailored to your photo, ranging from subtle textures to wildly artistic effects
• Grunge - an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy film - get modern film looks with a realistic grain engine
• Vintage - make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
• Retrolux - make your photos look truly retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles, and more
• Noir - modern Black-and-White film looks with a realistic grain engine and the all-new “wash” effect
• Black & White - get that classic Black and White look with this darkroom-inspired filter
• Frames - add stylized borders to photos for the perfect finishing touch
== Stacks for Managing your Edits==
• Stacks provide a list of applied filters that you can re-edit or copy and apply to another image
• Use Stacks to go back in time visually
• Re-edit any filter at any time!
• Remove a filter at any position in the stack
• Use the new Stacks Brush to paint in or out any applied filter
Thanks to all our users for the feedback on Snapseed 2. These are the improvements:
• Grunge is back!
• Selective has advanced functions such as copy/paste and hide control points
• Improved look in HDR Scape
• Supports opening images from other apps
• Fixed some serious bugs
Best free photo app on the market.
But don't see the copy/paste in the Selective feature.
before, this was my favourite photo editor and i use it all the time. but after the update, it is nice to use and got more nice feature. BUT, it keeps on saying processing picture until the end of the day my picture are not saved. please fix. ty.
I really love using this app. however, lately I'm having problems with some effects. For example, when I try to use HDR the app stops working(( please fix it
5 stars all the way
one of the best photographer app
one problem : the tilt-shift filter blurs the whole photo.. please fix this and i will change from 3 to 5 stars :)