1,000 - 5,000 downloads
- Great app. No flaws.
- Moon Path included.
- No complaints.
+ By sylde.net
Easy, useful and powerful VR app.
Sun Path is the big brother of Moon Path, which is included. Therefore, if you download and install this you'll have both at the same time.
Sun Path, developed by Slyde.net, is a VR app so it works along side GPS and your device camera, showing where the sun should be and what has been and what will be its predictable path through the sky. We can play with the time sliders and the calendar to see past events or predict future dawns, sunsets, zeniths or whatever, looking at a glance the path it took, is taken or will take. When needed, we can take a screenshot with a timestamp, add the data to our agenda or pinpoint the location in Google Maps. It always shows where the sun should be, either behind a building or beneath the ground.
We've found quite a few practical uses to this app. Interior designers, realtors and gardeners may be the main target for this app, but landscape painters, photographers and moviemakers will find it essential, too.
Everything runs smoothly, user interface is great and features are very interesting. Good job, Sylde dot net.
In addition, it's a good complement to a good weather widget.
There's a demo of Sun Path included into Moon Path free app, just in case you want to check it out first. Anyway, it's a very recommendable app of which we're pretty sure you'll find a lot of new and witty uses once you install it. Final word: Android can be great for games and a thousand and one more things, but we love above all those apps that can help people in their jobs, duties or hobbies.
Find sunrise and sunset times, not only on the horizon, but also depending on a building or a mountain.
The summer and winter solstices show the extreme positions of the sun over a year.
You can also predict the shadow, the sunlight in and out of a house, and even where the sun will be... if reflected in water!
3-day trial period!
To test http://SunTrajectory.net, simply install the free app http://MoonTrajectory.net and enter the voucher code 'trysylde.net' into the application menu.
Caution: some phones don't handle correctly gyroscopic sensors. Should you notice any innaccurate display, try deactivating gyros into application menu/settings.
http://SunTrajectory.net in the press:
AppsZoom . rated 4* . "Easy, useful and powerful VR app."
100BestAndroidApps . "This really is a special app."
Professional photographer Alan Goldstein . "An invaluable tool for planning photographs."
Location manager Mariano Cukar . "It's a tool every location manager and scouter should have."
Golf Course Superintendent Logan Freeman . "Helps me determine which trees need to be removed or to be pruned."
If you have a question, if you wish for an improvment or if you have trouble running the application on your phone, please contact sylde.net:
http://SunTrajectory.net allows you to display the future trajectories of the sun in augmented reality:
* Look through your phone and see the path of the sun.
* Plan the sunrise and sunset times, not only on the horizon, but also on a building or a relief.
* Travel in time and see what course the sun will follow in the months to come.
* The summer and winter solstices are displayed, showing the extreme positions of the sun over a year.
* Take and save photos.
* Check afterwards the different trajectories of the sun for a whole year.
Moon Path is included:
* http://MoonTrajectory.net is fully included into http://SunTrajectory.net!
* No need to have both apps installed on your phone.
* You can browse the trajectories of the sun, its shadow and also of the moon on the same photos!
* Find out if the moon will be full or what phase it will be in.
* For more details, please visit the website of
* Visualize the sunlight in and out of a house you wish to buy for every month of the year.
* Predict the consequences of a shadow.
* Think about the orientation of a terrace, imagine creating a new window.
* Export your photos, including the drawing of the sun path, to your computer and integrate those pictures into a report (for example: photovoltaics).
* Plan your pictures according to the light effect you wish to create.
* Plan when a subject (like a statue for instance) will be lit from the angle you have chosen.
* Plan when that same subject will be aligned with the moon.
* Use the calendar of the moon phases.
* Plan when the sun will light a scene (and not be hidden by a mountain or a building).
* Imagine the outline of shadows on the scene at a later date.
* Use the agenda to plan your future pictures.
* This way, you will know when to return to the site to take your picture to the maximum effect.
* Use Google Maps to pinpoint its exact location.
Justification of the authorizations required by the app:
* Modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
Photos are saved on the SD card.
* Coarse (network-based) location / fine (GPS) location
The app requires your location to compute the trajectories.
* Prevent device from sleeping
Only while the app is running.
* Full Internet access
Used by GoogleMaps only.
* Take pictures and videos
The app takes pictures and displays video.
2.7: You can now predict where the sun will be... if reflected in water!
2.6: If your phone is equipped with gyroscopic sensors, the application uses them in order to further improve the image stabilization.
2.4: Image stabilization has been improved, so using the app will be more comfortable. Feel free to post comments on the Facebook page of the application!
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Peter Warrior.
I usually use TPE to plan my lighting for shoots, but sometimes it's hard to tell exactly where landmarks will be in reference to the sun or moon. With this app on my HTC One (M8), I can pre-visualize exactly how things will look at any given time on any given day, assuming the weather cooperates. Tonight was a super moon. I had used TPE to select an appropriate location to shoot from. But when I
The first time I wanted to use it for real I'm way out in the boondocks with no internet connection what so ever and this pice of dodo shows a message something to the tune of copyright and will not work till it can connect. That just ain't right.
Being a hobby photographer, this app is helpful in planning your outdoor shots. I love the fact that sun/moon tracks are well defined and clear. I did however run into an issue. that someone else had also noted on a similar phone to what I have, a Motorola RAZR, in that the tracks are not visible about 90% of the time. I was so desperate to have this app working that I may have found a workaround
Keep up the good work
IT'S VERY USEFULL 2 CINEMATOGRAPHER TO PLAN SHOOTING SCHEDUAL/TIME... EXCELLENT..