aCalendar - Android Calendar
5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Very easy to navigate
- Super customizable
- Lightweight, no battery drain
- Auto-imports your Google calendars
- Easy to add events in the app
- Three different widgets
- Couldn't find a single one - it's amazing!
Download aCalendar - Android Calendar
In three words: perfect calendar app
aCalendar is everything I ever wanted in a calendar app. It's super simple, ultra customizable, eminently navigable, and practically perfect in every way.
If you've connected your device to your Google account, aCalendar will automatically import data from any calenders you've linked there. Swap between a month, week, and day view with swipes that just make sense, smoothly transitioning between each view. Events are grouped by color so you keep your various task lists organized, and you can add new events right within the app, even scheduling them to recur if you like. Birthdays are automatically imported from your contacts list. Widgets are gorgeous and available for all three views.
It's lightweight, doesn't drain your battery, totally free, and doesn't have a single ad. Can I get a round of applause, please?
If you upgrade to the premium version, you get even more views plus extra themes and business.oriented features like free/busy settings and sharing files. Also, proceeds go towards helping protect the endangered Mountain Tapir. Seriously, I want to give these guys a kiss.
I couldn't find a single thing not to love about aCalendar. Very, very highly recommended.
● intuitive navigation with smooth transitions between day, week and month view
● 48 colors per calendar, 12 per-event colors if supported by the calendar (Android 4.1+ with Google calendars only)
● flexible recurrences (e.g., every 2 weeks or every 3rd day - first select weekly or daily, then set the interval)
● birthdays with photos from your addressbook and editing
● Fullscreen widgets for all 3 views plus floating 7 days
● uses Android's native calendar backend and synchronization
● no battery drain (aCalendar gets push updated from the system instead of using frequent polling)
● moon phases and zodiac signs for birthdays
● QR and NFC barcode sharing of events
● no ads
EXTRA FEATURES only in aCalendar+
With aCalendar+ you get a dozen of extra features including more views, advanced settings, Tasks, more color themes and public holidays.
Also you'll find business-oriented features like invitations, free/busy settings and sharing as text or file.
Finally your purchase helps protect the habitat of the endangered Mountain Tapir as we donate 10% of all revenue to rainforest conservation through our friends at World Land Trust
● move forward and backward by swiping vertically or volume rocker
● switch between calendar views with a horizontal swipe (opens the day or week you start the swipe gesture on) or double-tap for day view
● tap to open event
● long-press to add new event
● long-press on mini-month to go to today or jump to date
● tap on photo to open quick contact menu
● 3-finger-tap to go to today
native language support for around 30 languages. Those are mostly user-contributed, please contact me if there is a bad translation or you'd like your language added!
aCalendar only asks for mandatory permissions for its functionality: Read and write contact data for birthdays as well as read and write calendar data for events. 'Send Email to guests' is bound to 'write calendar data' by Google. NFC is for sharing events by touching another NFC-enabled phone, and requires manual confirmation.
Unfortunately app2SD cannot be supported, because homescreen widgets do not work from SD. This is an Android limitation. But aCalendar is optimized not only for speed but also for size.
♥ aCalendar is made with love, sweat and tears in the heart of Munich. If you like aCalendar, please rate or comment and recommend it to your friends. Also consider upgrading to aCalendar+ for extra features ♥
aCalendar is free and will stay free and ad-free. No features will be taken away, but some advanced calendar features might only come to aCalendar+.
aCalendar - Android Calendar Videos
NEW: configurable info in subtext of 1x1 Date Widget
Fix issues with calendar-based birthdays
Fix issues with editing recurring events
Fix several minor issues
If there are any questions or problems please contact us by email to email@example.com. Thank you!
Some lists where this application appears: new.
- - Perform I/O operations over NFC (Near Field Communication).
- - Read your calendar data.
- - Read your contact data.
- - Know if the system has finished booting.
- - Use the vibrator.
- - Prevent your device from sleeping or screen from dimming (turn brightness down).
- - Write, but not read unless allowed by another permission, your calendar data.
- - Write, but not read unless allowed by another permission, your contacts data.
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 1.2.1 released on 04/23/15.
- UpdatedNew version 1.1.2 released on 03/31/15.
- UpdatedNew version 1.1.1 released on 03/23/15.
- UpdatedNew version 1.0.2 released on 01/09/15.
- UpdatedNew version 1.0 released on 12/12/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.99.3 released on 10/03/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.98.4 released on 09/06/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.18.4 released on 06/18/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.18.2 released on 06/14/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.18.1 released on 06/14/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.17.2 released on 05/01/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.16.8 released on 03/13/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.16.7 beta released on 02/01/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.16.6 beta released on 01/14/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.16.5 beta released on 01/07/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.16.4 beta released on 01/07/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.16.3 beta released on 01/06/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.16.2 beta released on 01/03/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.16.1 beta released on 01/03/14.
- UpdatedNew version 0.16.0 beta released on 12/23/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 5000000 downloads level reached on 12/05/13.
- UpdatedNew version 0.15.5 beta released on 11/20/13.
- UpdatedNew version 0.15.4 beta released on 09/25/13.
- UpdatedNew version 0.15.2 beta released on 09/03/13.
- UpdatedNew version 0.15.1 beta released on 06/19/13.
- UpdatedNew version 0.15.0 beta released on 04/29/13.
- UpdatedNew version 0.14.9.2 beta released on 04/16/13.
- UpdatedNew version 0.14.9.1 beta released on 04/14/13.
- UpdatedNew version 0.14.8.3 beta released on 03/20/13.
- UpdatedNew version 0.14.8.1 beta released on 03/19/13.
- UpdatedNew version 0.14.7 beta released on 02/11/13.
- UpdatedNew version 0.14.6 beta released on 12/17/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.14.5 beta released on 12/11/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.14.4.2 beta released on 12/10/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.14.2 beta released on 10/23/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.14.1 beta released on 10/16/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.13.9 beta released on 08/17/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.13.8 beta released on 08/16/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.13.7 beta released on 08/16/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.13.6 beta released on 08/01/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 1000000 downloads level reached on 08/01/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.13.4 beta released on 07/23/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.13.3 beta released on 07/09/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.13.2 beta released on 07/02/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.13.1 beta released on 06/26/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.13.0 beta released on 06/25/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.12.9 beta released on 05/27/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.12.8 beta released on 05/13/12.
- UpdatedNew version 0.12.7 beta released on 05/06/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 500000 downloads level reached on 04/26/12.
Displaying 4 of 50 - show all
Far the best of about five Calendars I tested, nearly perfect.
A nice additional feature could be a fast switch form monthly to weekly to dayly view.
Great calendar, but PLEASE add a bigger Widget, then it would be the perfect calendar!
This is the easiest and most comprehensive calendar app I have tried. I sampled at least six before realising how inadequate most are. The comprehensive choice of colours and layouts means you should be able to adjust settings to suit your specific usage and needs. Syncs with Google calendar and across tablets, PCs and phones so always up to date. As with most new apps you need to set it up corre
I absolutely enjoy everything about this calendar. I like how you can set reoccurring events, such as my bills, bdays, etc., and have them colour coded. However I'm getting frustrated with the alarm system. I don't want an alarm for events, but it keeps forcing me to have an email and 1 hour alarm. Even after I turn it off, it comes back on within minutes... Plz update this!
I like this app
The app provides the best view of my calendar I've seen, much better even than the standard calendar app by Google. One issue that keeps me from giving it five stars: the widget. On my Huawei Ascend P7 the controls for previous, current and next day don't always respond. Only when I click on the left of those controls, the settings are shown. After exiting the settings, the controls work again. Al