ANDY (Siri for Android)
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Simple design
- People Asking
- Long to load, sometimes it doesn't
- Doesn't have many answers
+ By 74tech.com
Speak to Andy and it will give you directions, answers regarding regarding several topics and information about the weather
Andy is an Android assistant for your mobile that answers your questions regarding general knowledge, directions and weather. Additionally, Andy can send text messages and make phone calls.
Given its simple and clean design, you just need to tap on the mic, ask your question and wait for the answer to load. Andy worked extremely slow in our device and sometimes didn't even give us an answer. Other times, it just says: "I have no answer", which should definitely appear less often. If you feel it doesn't understand you well, you can type your questions instead of speaking.
A good feature that we particularly enjoyed is the People Asking option, which shows what other people are asking, which can be fun and provide inspiration for further questions. Andy was developed by 74 Technologies, being this one their only application in the market. We hope they can work on it, as it'd improve very much.
Download the full version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=andy2.xml
Andy is a voice controlled access to encyclopedic information on a vast array of topics. Ask anything. Andy covers culture and the arts, biographies and persons, geography and places, society and social sciences, history and events, natural and physical sciences, technology and applied science, religion and belief systems, health, mathematics and logic, philosophy and many other topics.
You can also ask about weather and time in any city, get answers to algebra questions, conversions, or simply ask any question just like you would do a search on-line.
To ask a question, tap the microphone button on the application home screen. Alternatively, you may give your device a little shake (this requires enabling the Shake Recording option) or simply type in your question manually to get the answer.
One of Andy's great features is its design to work with Bluetooth headsets (A2DP only, must pair with at least one device). Andy (using your Android phone or tablet) will recognize your voice and speech, search the Internet for the best answer, and read it back to you in a clear voice. The answer will also be displayed on your device screen.
Additionally, Andy can send text messages, initiate phone calls, give you directions and do distance measurements, time range measurements and a lot more.
Currently Supported (some of these features are missing in FREE version):
- General Questions (ask any question)
- Celebrity and famous people info (born, siblings, weight, height, etc.)
- Movie, music and other information (when released, cast, etc.)
- Android Applications (open Android apps by voice)
- Android Functions (control Android features and functions by voice)
- Browse Internet (browse the net using voice)
- Coordinates (get your current coordinates)
- Currency Conversions (Live exchange rates)
- Current Location (get your current location, down to a nearest address)
- Device Information (details about your device)
- Directions to Nearest Place
- Distance + Directions
- Distance Measurements (from one place to another)
- Email Messaging
- Flight Status - live info
- Holidays (how many days till ...)
- Interesting Facts (many interesting facts from science, ...)
- Live Stock Quotes (USD)
- Live Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium Spot Price (USD)
- Math Functions (variety of functions supported)
- Music (play single song or queue many songs by voice)
- Personalization (teach Andy your name)
- Search Google (opens Google with your search term pre-filled)
- Search Google Images & Photos
- Search Youtube & Videos
- Set Alarms & Wake Up times
- Set Reminders
- Set Reminders (in days/hours/minutes)
- Sport results
- Sunset/Sunrise (in any city)
- Text Messaging (text message by voice + read latest message)
- Time & Date (ask for time and date in any place in the world)
- Time & Date (what day is today, tomorrow, x days from now, etc.)
- Time & Date (what's your local date and time)
- Tip calculations (good for calculating restaurant tips)
- Translate any English word or sentence to 65 languages.
- Voice Calls (call anyone in your address book just by using your voice)
- Weather (Live weather for your location + suggestions answer to questions such as: Do I need an umbrella, etc.)
- Weather (for any location worldwide)
- Word Spelling (will spell any word you ask for)
... and more... List of all features: http://AndyForAndroid.com
Note: It's dangerous to use mobile phone while driving!
NOTE: ❖ Andy (Siri Alternative) is not approved by, sponsored, affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Apple Inc.
Recent Changes: http://www.andyforandroid.com/manual/release-notes/
Before leaving a rating, please check Andy's manual at http://www.AndyForAndroid.com and also FAQ pages on how to use the program. If you're not sure about something, email us at AndyForAndroid@AndyForAndroid.com, we'll do our best to help you.
Wont connect to me sound..
Answered 1 of 10 questions.
Great app so far, does very good
I love this thing, alot!!!!!
Even first AND FREE attempts in (early betas usually) on android platform were better then this pathetic mediocre waste of time ,
U should have this only if your smart.