ASTRO File Manager with Cloud
50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- It's a must have
- Fast, easy, useful
Astro FM allows to manage your files as if your phone was connected to your PC.
Yes, it's as easy as it sounds. When you connect your phone by USB to your PC (or Mac or whatever) you can manage your files, copy, delete them and so on. Astro does exactly the same after browsing your sdcard .
It also includes a process manager to stop any current tasks. It's incredibly fast and secure, with a nice interface and easy usage. Its only flaw are the ads appearing on the lowest part of the screen, which can be eliminated by purchasing an Astro Pro Key. These ads aren't intrusive, but it's unsightly to have ads in your own phone without ever launched a game or something.
So, we believe that Astro File Manager should come by default in every Android Phone. Until then, we can just strongly recommend it.
Organize, view, and retrieve all of your pictures, music, videos, & documents; built-in app backup & task killer; manage all your files regardless of where they are stored (in a cloud or on another device such as):
* Clouds (Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Box & SkyDrive)
* PC, Mac, Linux (via networking)
Click here to ask to join our Beta Test Google + Group: http://plus.google.com/b/103095216021321867726/communities/106251776630475861309
Ever try to find a file but can't remember where you put it? ASTRO has the most robust technology to search phones or search for files in the mobile world, giving you the ability to do anything from broad searches across all locations mentioned above for types of content (pics, music, videos, etc.) to very specific file searches based on file name, size, location, etc. And, with ASTRO's unique "CLOUD HOPPING (TM)", you can move files from one cloud to another in a single copy or move/paste - without having to download them first before sending to your destination cloud!
ASTRO now has support for Leef Bridge, a powerful, yet simple, innovative USB flash drive that allows users to easily transfer files to other devices (Android phones, tablets, Macs and PCs). Visit www.2leef.com/bridge for more information and a list of compatible devices.
What are some of the benefits to ASTRO’s new file Indexing functionality:
- After your first search, results are almost instantaneous across all indexed locations (mobile device, clouds, networked locations)
- If you are offline, you can still search for files that have been indexed.
- Eliminates redundant network calls in ASTRO, making some file search operations faster.
- Better file search, file browsing experience in areas with spotty or slow network coverage.
How does ASTRO’s new Indexing functionality work?
- As you browse through directories on your device, clouds or networked locations, ASTRO begins indexing your files in the background in order to speed up future searches you perform.
- It will also build your index whenever you do a search. It will build the index for your internal and external sd cards very quickly (typically under 15-20 seconds). Clouds or networked locations will take longer and also depends on the number of files in those locations.
- You can also choose to proactively index any of your other locations like clouds (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive) and networked locations by doing a search on those locations or by going to Settings, Search index and click Rebuild index. Keep in mind if you choose to index a 500GB server you have at home, it may take a while. :)
- You can go to Settings, Set Default Search Locations to set your default locations.
- You can go to Settings, Search index and clear your index at any time as well.
- SWIPE SCREEN RIGHT to get to Clouds, Network Locations or Saved Searches fast
- SWIPE SCREEN LEFT to get to Tools (App Backup, Task Killer, SD Card Usage), Settings and Help
ASTRO File & Cloud Manager FREE gives you the ability to kill tasks or processes that burn battery life (Task Killer Tool) and easily backup apps (App Backup Tool) in case you lose or change phones.
FEATURES INCLUDE: file manager, phone download manager, content management, multiple cloud management / cloud storage manager with Facebook, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and SkyDrive, Android file browser, file and/or app backup, app manager, image and text viewers, networking, Bluetooth, SFTP, Zip Files, download manager, thumbnails, search files, task manager, attachments, and more.
Quick Start Guide, FAQ's and Documentation: http://support.metago.net.
ASTRO supports 11 languages including: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian & Portuguese.
We have updated the UI with a new cleaner look. There is now a single left hand Drawer for all functionality.
Come take a look!
Some lists where this application appears: android 2.1, android apps, Jaime, Achim, Must-Have, my list, Android, ì„œìœ¤, mehdi_137, What my Desire really desires ;-), Rodrigo Elizeu, System, ê¹€ë¯¼ìˆ˜, leslie, Reviewed by Peter Warrior, my faverate apps, Analizadas por Mar GP, download, Nexus S, Nexus 7, Reviewed by Anna Grace.
Really good file manager
merci pour app
I used this until my Droid X was updated with GingerBread. This is a very user friendly and useful app. However I never could get it to connect to my XP shares.
This is a great app unless you're running Android 2.3.3.
Simple yet powerful app!!!
Any file manager that does not offer the ability to create a folder then a shortcut to that folder in home screen can hardly be called a file manager. But maybe the feature is hidden, which would make the app even less logical. If this app can perform the function I describe, please share the secret. Follow up: Thanks for the info. We started with shortcut icons in Windows then bookmarks and fav
The whole reason I downloaded this app was to unzip my files that I downloaded from Etsy. This app doesn't transfer them over correctly for some unknown reason. Uninstalling!