AutomateIt-Automate Your Droid
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Great idea
- Amount of triggers
- Only root features
- It should be more intuitive
+ By SmarterApps Ltd
AutomateIT allows users to set automatic processes to be run on your Android
You're going to feel powerful. AutomateIT boosts your built-in smartphone features to the fullest. It allows yo to set rules and desired behaviors in response to events on your Android device.
Thus, you just need to take some time to take those rules and then let your device perform them on its own. Each rule is defined as a pair of trigger-action. For example, you can set actions when battery level reaches a certain level, control when to screen on/off, when to connect to Wi-Fi network, whom calls answers and reject, activate airplane mode from a specific time and many many more (check developer's description or just try it out). Bear in mind that, if you're root, you'll have a whole bunch of new triggers to perform.
Although you'll take some time configuring it before it runs to your liking, setting rules is really easy thanks to its well-crafted design and user-friendly interface. There's a description of what every trigger performs. No way to get lost.
If you love your Android, you'll let it be autonomous and independent, of course, giving it first some rules. Highly recommended.
AutomateIt is designed to make your life easier by automating various tasks on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Define a set of your desired behaviors in response to events on your Android device.
Each behavior/rule is defined as a pair of Trigger-Action listed below.
"If you need your phone to adopt some autonomy, you can’t go wrong here" - www.androidpolice.com
"sometimes I’d like my phone to do stuff all on its own. It’s an Android after all" - www.androidapps.com
"AutomateIt Is a Simple and Free Android Automation Tool" - www.lifehacker.com
"It's truly an amazing app" - www.androidpit.com
AutomateIt provides a default set of useful rules to get you started:
Low battery warning
Quiet at night
Normal sound mode at morning
Max volume when headset unplugged
Lower volume when headset plugged
Unmute by SMS
• Any SMS Trigger - Triggers on SMS received
• SMS With Text Trigger - Triggers on receipt of SMS Message with a specific text
• Battery Level Trigger - Triggers on a defined battery level
• Bluetooth State Enabled/Disabled
• Bluetooth Device Connected - Any device or specific device
• Incoming/Hang Call - Any call or from a specific contact
• Headset Plugged/Unplugged Trigger
• Location Trigger - Arriving/Exiting a defined region
• External Power Connected/Disconnected
• Screen On/Off
• Wi-Fi Enabled/Disabled
• Connected to Wi-Fi network - Any network or a specific network
• Time Trigger - recurring time events
• GPS Enabled Changed - GPS Activated/Deactivated and started/stopped looking for current location
• SMS from contact
• USB Connected/Disconnected Trigger
• Airplane Mode Activated/Deactivated
• Dock State Trigger - Docked to Car/Desk
• Application Status Trigger - Triggers when selected application activated or deactivated
• Outgoing call - all calls or calling specific contact
• Sound Mode Changed to Silent/Vibrate/Normal
• Boot Trigger - triggers on device startup (assuming service starts on boot)
• Manual Trigger - Requires user explicit execution of this trigger
• Cell ID Trigger - Trigger when connecting or disconnecting from defined cellular cells
• NFC Trigger - use NFC tags to launch rules
• Weather Trigger - Monitor weather at your location
• Mobile Data State Trigger
• Activity Recognition - an EXPERIMENTAL trigger that detects when you are in a car, on a bicycle, on foot or standing still
• Notification - Shows notification on notification bar
• Play Sound - Plays selected sound
• Set Bluetooth State - Enabled/Disabled
• Set Sound Mode - Silent / Vibrate / Normal (With/Without Vibrate)
• Set Speakerphone State - Turn on/off
• Set Volume - Sets volume of all streams or a specific stream
• Set Wi-Fi Adapter State - Enabled/Disabled
• Start Application
• Enable/Disable other rules
• Vibrate action
• Enable/Disable Data Connectivity action - [NOT supported on some devices - see why on developer website]
• Kill Application [Requires Root - see why on developer website]
• Launch Home Screen
• Activate/Deactivate Airplane mode [Supported for Android version prior to 4.2 and all rooted devices]
• Enable/Disable GPS [Supported for Android version prior to 2.3 and all rooted devices]
• Enable/Disable Sync
• Set Mobile Data - Enable/Disable Mobile Data
• Set Screen Brightness - Automatic or specific value
• Enable/Disable screen automatic rotation
• Dial Phone Number
• Send SMS to phone number
• Set screen timeout (Including "Never" turn off)
• Shutdown device [Requires Root]
• Text-to-Speech - Say defined text
• Reboot [Requires Root]
• Set Wallpaper - set your home screen wallpaper
Want to AutomateIt with your own language? visit http://goo.gl/qpDoI.
Supports English, German, Spanish, Hebrew, Polish, Danish, French, Italian, Czech, Slovak, Romanian, Chinese, Hungarian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Dutch and Russian
Tried and paid for Tasker and Zoopy. This free app knocks their stocks off. Definitely a keeper.
I set if certain SSID connected, the Wifi will be disable. (I dont want connect to certain SSID), but it seems cannot include all of the wifi access points contain the same SSID, please check , tks.
The idea is good, but just started using the app. Will update when more time has been spent with it.
Good app. But where the gps ON option in action tab?
Tasker for beginners
Looked great until I learned in order to get it to do as advertised I had to bee involved in social media I don't want to be, and bombard my friends with a lot of crap they don't want to know and give out more info than I want. Or of course I could use cold hard cash! Deleted and developer banned.
Location triggers are useless, they never fire. Ever. I wanted this mainly to turn WiFi on/off when I'm home which it fails at, but the other triggers seem to work OK.