100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Autodetect and autocrop options
- Sharing options
- .PDF creator
- Limited documents scans on the free version
- It isn't indispensable
- Expensive paid version
CamScanner uses your Android back camera to scan and manage documents
CameraScanner adds a new functionality to your phone: document scan. It works this way: from the app you take a picture of the document by using your Android back camera. CameraScanner has a specific features to enhance the appearance of the photo, to convert it into other formats and to share it. Thus, thanks to the "autodetect and autocrop image", you will fit the picture just to the size of the document. An "enhance image" option improve its quality and clear it. What's more, you can convert it to .PDF. That's especially useful if you want to share it. Actually you can share it by e-mail, sms, Dropbox or Google Docs. In order to help you out to find your scanned documents, you will be able to tag and search it.
This is the paid version of CamScanner ($4.99) which hasn't limited amount of document scans. You have to install first the free version (limited amount of scans) and then upgrade to the paid version.
CamScanner has been developed by IntSig Information Co., Ltd., an emerging mobile app developer focused on camera functionalities.
CamScanner works properly. It helps you in those cases that you have to scan a document (in our case it isn't so often though). What we think is that you can do it just with your camera. It's true that is good having a .pdf creator and the autodetect and autocrop features included. But, apart from that, the rest of features could be make by other resources. So, CamScanner works properly but we don't find it a must have.
* 60 million mobile users’ choices for document scanning worldwide
* CamScanner，50 Best iPhone Apps, 2013 Edition – TIME
* “The application employs its own image cropping and enhancing algorithm that leads to clearer images.” – Makeuseof.com
* “CamScanner may just be the best deal for scanning documents on your iPhone.” – CNET.com
* Top Developer – Google Play Store
About CamScanner Full version:
- Support high-quality scans
- PDF files are created with no watermark
- Evernote/SkyDrive uploading feature will not expire
- No ads
About CamScanner Free version:
- PDF files are created with watermark “Generated by CamScanner”
- Evernote/SkyDrive Uploading is available for 7 days
How it works:
1. Download and Install CamScanner at
2. Download and install CamScanner License
3. CamScanner will automatically upgrade to Full version upon the installation of CamScanner License
Check out other INTSIG products:
CamCard - Business Card Reader
IS Contacts Kit – Back up all your contacts
CamDictionary - Snap Translator
We'd love to hear your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com>
Follow us on Twitter: @CamScanner
Like us on Facebook: CamScanner
Follow us on Google+: CamScanner
Update: Unlock “High-Quality Scan” to full version (license) users
Please update CamScanner to v2.6.1
- Ruben Adolfo M. Downloaded 2d ago
- Hudson S. Downloaded Nov 26, 2013
- Antonio B. Downloaded Nov 19, 2013
- Dehri D. Downloaded Oct 19, 2013
- ESLAM M. Downloaded Oct 1, 2013
- Teerakorn K. Downloaded Sep 14, 2013
- Reuben A. Downloaded Sep 11, 2013
- Naveen Singh R. Downloaded Sep 3, 2013
- imssuwadi Downloaded Aug 31, 2013
If I didn't. Get bombarded with annoying ads....even on purchased app....
This looked like a good alternative to an actual scanner. Apparently, the $5 only gets rid of ads, and instead wants you to get a $5/mo subscription to get the rest of features. At that price, the scanner is cheaper. Edit: Now the app is giving me the op
I had used this application frequently in the past for sending emails of scanned documents of loan info, insurance info, bank info, etc.... When I bought the licensed version of this app nearly a year ago and the quality of the scans were very clear and r
Scanning a paper has become very easy and handy with this app.
Captures documents, screen shots and makes them look like a printable document even from a photo
I paid for the pro the five dollars a, and they still have it as a basic account.
The tool is simple to use and very useful indeed. It helped me a couple of times when I had to quickly sign and return documents. Scanning and emailing was really easy. The tool comes highly recommended.