10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
- Tom Casady, Public Safety Director, Lincoln, Nebraska
CrimeView NEARme is a revolutionary location-based services application for law enforcement by the Omega Group developed in partnership with Red Brain inc., to leverage the power of the CrimeView suite of products with the agility of cloud-based mobile software development. CrimeView NEARme provides officers with a GPS-enabled map of points of interest in their immediate vacinity. Points of interest consist of information maintained by agencies in their own records management systems: the location of recent crimes, the addresses of sex offenders, parolees, gang members, or wanted individuals. With CrimeView NEARme, officers receive location-relevant information securely in the field. CrimeView NEARme is an always-available, secure gateway to law enforcement data systems supporting proactive policing in the community.
CrimeView NEARme includes the following key features:
- location-aware map that updates as an officer moves with police points of interest
- support for multiple points of interest types including: Gang Members, Parolees, Sex Offenders, Active Warrants, Incident Reports, and more
- multiple levels of filtering to allow map data to be tailored to an officer's preferences or patrol needs
- integration with agency record management systems (may require additional server components)
- integration with agency mugshot databases
- address search
- oblique aerial photographs and Streetview images
- field reporting tools for collection of contact and invalid address information
- multiple agency access
CrimeView NEARme can also provide members of the public with access to an array of public information including registered sex offenders, recent crime reports, or active warrants. When operating in public mode CrimeView NEARme will display points of interest but not provide access to internal data systems, unpublished records, or reporting capabilities. Through multiple agency support, officers can quickly view public data for other agencies or enter into data sharing partnerships by simply registering the device with another agency.
Today thousands of people will be using smartphones and tablets to find a nearby movie, Thai restaurant, or book store. With CrimeView NEARme, law enforcement officers can do the same thing to increase their awareness of points of interest near them and engage in more proactive policing.
NOTE: by default CrimeView NEARme uses background location services to find police points of interest near your location. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. You can turn off location services or decrease battery use by adjusting GPS accuracy in the application settings menu.
Tags: p3i appa, crimeview near me, p3i, rebecca farnsley twitter, p3i.html, p3i droid x 2, crimeview nearme.
- Bug fixes
- Added support for 7" tablets (i.e. Nexus 7)
- Improved Mission filter capabilities
- Misc. bug fixes and performance improvements