DataSaver - 20M+ Free Hotspots
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Ease of use
- Tips and data monitoring tools
- Automatically connect to free hotspots
- WiFi hotspots database is poor in some countries
DataSaver - Easy Wifi Savings that helps you save data by different ways.
This app comes up to fulfill a smartphone user need: data plans are capped and it's costing consumers lots of money. Apps to help users manage and reduce data consumption are more than welcome. DataSaver is one of them.
It allows you to monitor your data savings in real-time: consumption by day/week and by apps. It makes charts of this consumption over WiFi and 3G (data). What's more, you can set alerts to be notified when you get close to your data free limit. It comes with some tips that will help you to save more data and compare your WiFi-3G/4G speeds.
However, all these features can be found in other similar apps to monitor calls and data usage. Its added-value feature is that it connects you automatically to over 8M free WiFi hotspots Worldwide. This way, you will find that you're connected to a WiFi just when you get near to a free WiFi hotspots inscribed on DataSaver database. The only catch, although it seems that 8M are a lot of WiFI hotspots, depending on the country you are, it will be almost a miracle to find one.
The game is set in an user-friendly interface. It runs smooth. It's really easy to use and its understandable tips makes the difference. Good app.
With DataSaver, you are getting free, unlimited mobile data at over 20M Wi-Fi hotspots. So wherever you are, you will enjoy a better video, audio and browsing experience at no extra cost!
DataSaver is very easy to use. Key features include:
- Automatic connection to over 20M public WiFi hotspots worldwide.
- A Data Savings widget to monitor your data savings in real-time. Check your data savings for last week, last month or lifetime. Tap the 'Details' button to see which apps used the most data. Enter your data plan info and receive alerts whenever you get close to your cap with tips on how to improve your data savings.
- A Data Speed widget to check your WiFi or 3G/4G connection speed. Compare your current WiFi speed against your average 3G/4G speed.
- Support for personal WiFi hotspot accounts that require a login (at school, universities, airports and many other venues). You can now connect automatically without having to enter your username and password every time.
- Popup keyboard issue fixed
- Better support for popwifi locations
This app is fantastic in concept, but has two MAJOR bugs: 1) The app often hangs and doesn't respond when I try to open it. 2) It consumes MAJOR battery--the Android power manager reports it taking up to 50% of my total battery usage sometimes, far more t
I had to reboot phone to turn on mobile data
Micromax canvas 2
You guys are the best
Does what it says. Nothing too special though.