Genius Scan+ - PDF Scanner
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Add images from gallery or back camera
- Auto-detect borders
- Automatic enhancing filters
- Order and unify documents
- We're missing customizable filters
- Cannot import other files from your sdcard
+ By The Grizzly Labs
Genius Scan uses your rear-camera to scan any document and convert it to PDF
Here in Androidzoom we've reviewed some scanner apps. However, the ones that makes the difference are there that apply some added-value features to boost the quality of the final outcome. Genius comes up with some of that tools. Let's focus on them.
First off, Genius Scan easily detects borders from paper sheets, blackboards, screens or any other gadget that able to be scanned. Likewise, it allows to unify different scanned documents to generate a single PDF file. Let's put some order in your documents.
In addition, Genius Scan automatically adjusts filters in order to enhance image quality. You can only set it black&white which is really useful for text documents. It would be great if we could control it but, anyway, the outcome is quite acceptable. I haven't mentioned it: you can add documents from your gallery or scan them with your cam. I'm missing an option to import other files from your memory (.pdf, .doc, etc.)
Despite of this catches, Genius Scan is set in a good-looking layout and it's really easy to use. It's strongest point is auto-detect border and the outcome quality.
In addition, Genius Scan+ integrates with Box, Dropbox, Evernote or any other cloud service app installed on your Android phone to let you export your scans wherever you want.
The Genius Scan scanner technology includes smart page detection, perspective correction, image post-processing. Typically, when you take a photo of a picture, you are not perfectly aligned and the light is not perfect. Genius Scan takes care of that for you.
Still not convinced? Genius Scan has more than 10 million users and has been featured multiple times.
But first, the key features (aka.: what makes this scanner different from the camera)
- Detects page frame and corrects perspective
- Enhances the scan with color or black-and-white post-processing
- Emails the scans as JPG or PDF
- Creates PDF documents with multiple scans
- Export documents to any app supporting JPG or PDF files
- Documents are processed on the phone, not sent to a third-party server
Wondering how our users use Genius Scan?
- To quickly scan a form you just printed when you don’t have a scanner
- At the university, to take a picture of a whiteboard
- On the road, to archive receipts
- To make a copy when you have no copier available
- To archive handwritten notes or share them with colleagues
- Save the perfect recipe after cooking
- Save handwritten memos, or book pages for future reference
- Share a good restaurant menu on Twitter
"This is an absolutely amazing app." - AppSafari.com
"Next time you plan to hit the road don't forget to download a copy of Genius Scan to make life easier for yourself and your accounting department". - AppPicker.com
"Great scanner! It replaced my flatbed scanner for all my documents"
"This scanner app works great and is easy to use. I played with it for a few minutes and actually got some work done. Superb!" - rafirondon
"One word: awesome... and useful" - farewellraymond
Genius Scan 1.3.3 fixes a bug where scans were not attached to emails.
Previously, we packed Genius Scan 1.3.2 with with tons of improvements:
- Redesigned export screen that reduces the number of taps
- Ability to export scans and documents to the device memory
- Ability to set a default recipient for emails
- Improved stability and made minor design tweaks
- Fixed rotation problems after export
Please let us know if you have any feedback at email@example.com.
- Atul S. Downloaded Nov 27, 2013
- Emmanuel L. Reviewed Nov 7, 2013
- Mateusz K. Downloaded Sep 5, 2013
- Vencoba B. Downloaded Jul 2, 2013
- Dipak.itsupport Downloaded Jun 18, 2013
- محمد Downloaded May 16, 2013
- Manuel G. Downloaded Mar 20, 2013
- Jerel.James1 Downloaded Mar 5, 2013
- Sudhir K. Downloaded Mar 4, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Decided to use this app to do my expense reports. Bought the genius scan +. Done everything Except could not send the file out to email.... Could not resize file to small.medium or large in order to email it. Bottom line. Took work iPhone used free genius
A bit cumbersome to use but once you get the hang of it, it's very good. Csn print directly to a Wi-Fi printer with the right app
Great app to keep track of receipts!
The Best PDF and Scanner solution. Easy to use.
Great app as mobile office scanner
Easily my favorite and most used App!