100,000,000 - 500,000,000 downloads
- Ease to use
- Fast access to all content
- Create new documents from your Android
- Online teamwork
- We’re missing sharing options
All kind of online services in one free app.
Major update: as April 25th 2012, Google Docs changed its name to Google Drive. All GDocs features are now integrated into GDrive. From now on, you can not only create and upload texts and photos and work with them online, but also upload any file and safely store it in the cloud.
Google Docs for Android lets you access all your content in Docs from your phone. Instead of getting by the web browser which is slow and tedious, this app makes your life easier bringing shortcuts and fast access to all your documents. Basically it shows a 6 items grid that includes: all items (to see all content at a glance), collections, starred, documents, images, and more (this last to show text, spreadsheets or presentations. You also may seek documents by using the search bar. Besides checking the documents you’ve already created, you can create new documents from the app. So far, there are just three type of documents available to create (text document, spreadsheet or document from image). Moreover, you may switch among Gmail accounts if you have more than one. And that’s essentially what this Google Docs for Android does. What we appreciate is its ease of use, its fast access to all the documents and the possibility to create news documents from our Android.
Google Docs is another app developed by Google Inc., and is on the way to become a starred one. Google Inc. is the official Android Market provider, and the responsible of other indispensable Android apps as Google Books, Google Maps, Gmail or Blogger.
Google Docs isn’t doing anything that we didn’t expected, and it doesn’t even includes all the features available in the web version. It works pretty well, it’s fast and easy and allows us to check our documents while we are on the way. It's just what it has meant to be.
With Drive, you can:
* View documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and more
* Search for files by name and content
* Easily share files and folders with others
* Set files or folders so anyone with a link can view, comment, or edit
* Quickly access recent files
* See file details and activity
* Enable viewing of files offline
• Activity stream: view changes to files and folders made by you and others from the details panel
• More easily manage files and folders with new details panel
• Set files or folders so anyone with a link can view, comment, or edit
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Looks nice. But when I tried to create a spreadsheet on my Droid X the app kept cycling between the browser and Docs.
Really a very good app, it synchronizes all my docs from the web works very well and its native for Android.
Anything I have used it for its walked me through every step.
i like google drive.
Especially the tablet version...
I love google drive.