10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Ease to use
- Fast access to all content
- Create new documents from your Android
- Online teamwork
- We’re missing sharing options
Major update: as April 25th 2012, Google Docs changed its name to Google Drive. All GDocs features are now integrated into GDrive. From now on, you can not only create and upload texts and photos and work with them online, but also upload any file and safely store it in the cloud.
Google Docs for Android lets you access all your content in Docs from your phone. Instead of getting by the web browser which is slow and tedious, this app makes your life easier bringing shortcuts and fast access to all your documents. Basically it shows a 6 items grid that includes: all items (to see all content at a glance), collections, starred, documents, images, and more (this last to show text, spreadsheets or presentations. You also may seek documents by using the search bar. Besides checking the documents you’ve already created, you can create new documents from the app. So far, there are just three type of documents available to create (text document, spreadsheet or document from image). Moreover, you may switch among Gmail accounts if you have more than one. And that’s essentially what this Google Docs for Android does. What we appreciate is its ease of use, its fast access to all the documents and the possibility to create news documents from our Android.
Google Docs is another app developed by Google Inc., and is on the way to become a starred one. Google Inc. is the official Android Market provider, and the responsible of other indispensable Android apps as Google Books, Google Maps, Gmail or Blogger.
Google Docs isn’t doing anything that we didn’t expected, and it doesn’t even includes all the features available in the web version. It works pretty well, it’s fast and easy and allows us to check our documents while we are on the way. It's just what it has meant to be.
* Use the Google Drive Android app to access your photos, documents, videos and other files stored on your Google Drive
* Upload files to Google Drive directly from your Android device
* Share any file with your contacts
* Access files others have shared with you on Google Drive
* Make any file available offline so you can view them even when you don't have an Internet connection
* Manage files on the go
* Create and edit Google documents with support for tables, comments and rich text formatting
* Create and edit Google spreadsheets with support for text formatting, multiple sheets and sorting
* Edits to your Google documents and spreadsheets appear to collaborators in seconds
* View Google presentations with full animations and speaker notes
* View your PDFs, Office documents and more
* Scan documents, receipts and letters for safe keeping in Drive; then search by contents once uploaded
* Print files stored in Google Drive on the go using Google Cloud Print
* Open files stored in Google Drive through Drive enabled apps in the browser
* Optimized experience to take advantage of larger screens for tablet users, Honeycomb (Android 3.0+)
Recently changed in this version:
- New grid view makes it easier to find your files
- New quick preview lets you view photos and other files from within the app
- Scan documents, receipts and letters for safe keeping in Drive; then search by contents once uploaded
- Download a copy of files to your local device (Honeycomb+)
- Spreadsheet editor now supports changing fonts, colors and cell alignment
- View properties of files from within the editors
- Bug fixes and visual improvements
Last activity on Google Drive
Lists with: Google Drive
Comments and ratings for Google Drive
Now we're talking!!
Why don't possible to share files in the public with this app? :(
Doesn't get even close to what camscanner can do...
Gmail integration was an unfair advantage. Goodbye dropbox
Nice features.. But scan doesn't work!!
New design is easier to navigate.
Amazing! I like the new interface and all but the thing I would like top mention is the image switching by sliding. It's very useful as I want able to tell which image was which and made or hard but this new update is great! Thanks Google!