1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
This keyboard is especially useful if you use ConnectBot for SSH access. It provides working Tab/Ctrl/Esc keys, and the arrow keys are essential for devices such as the Xoom tablet or Nexus S that don't have a trackball or D-Pad.
HAVE FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, OR BUG REPORTS? Please send email to email@example.com or check https://code.google.com/p/hackerskeyboard/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions. I can't help you if you leave questions or comments in a Play Store review, I don’t have any way to contact review authors.
The permissions requested by the application are those needed by the underlying Gingerbread keyboard. It uses the contacts information for completion of names and email addresses, and audio recording for the voice input feature. On Android 4.1, you may see a spurious request for "call log" permission, this is a side effect of an OS change that will be fixed in the next update.
The supported keyboard layouts include:
- Armenian (Հայերեն)
- Arabic (العربية)
- Bulgarian (български език)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (dansk)
- English Dvorak (language "en_DV")
- English (QWERTY)
- English/British (en_GB)
- Finnish (Suomi)
- French (Français, AZERTY)
- German (Deutsch, QWERTZ)
- Greek (ελληνικά)
- Hebrew (עברית)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Lao (ພາສາລາວ)
- Norwegian (Norsk bokmål)
- Persian (فارسی)
- Portugese (Português)
- Romanian (Română)
- Russian (Русский)
- Russian phonetic (Русский, ru-rPH)
- Serbian (Српски)
- Slovak (Slovenčina)
- Slovenian (Slovenščina)/Bosnian/Croatian/Latin Serbian
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Thai (ไทย)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (українська мова)
Completion dictionaries are provided by plug-in packages, see the "other applications by this developer" section for the currently available list. The keyboard also supports use of dictionaries (but not keyboard layouts) provided by AnySoftKeyboard language packs.
For more information, including the user's guide, FAQ/known issues, alternate version downloads, and the source code, please check out the developer web page: http://code.google.com/p/hackerskeyboard/
Known issues include:
- Localization for the keyboard layout is incomplete, currently the Spanish, Finnish, Lao, Romanian, and Thai are only localized in 4-row mode and show the English QWERTY layout in 5-row mode.
- Some languages and layouts may not be usable on your phone if it lacks the necessary fonts.
- Right-to-left languages (Arabic, Hebrew) are apparently not fully supported on pre-Honeycomb devices, YMMV.
- Many applications don't react to additional keys since they aren't programmed to handle them.
Tags: hackers keyboard safe, is hackers keyboard safe, hackers keyboard, hackers keyboard safe?, hacker’s keyboard, hacker keyboard, is hackers keyboard safe?, hacker keyboard safety, is hacker keyboard safe, hacker keyboard safe.
- New layouts: Persian (فارسی, fa), Armenian (Հայերեն, hy), Russian phonetic (Русский, ru-rPH)
- Support for devices with MIPS and x86 CPUs
- bugfixes for shift handling and suggestion underlining
- bugfixes including stuck Ctrl key, suggestions bar not staying disabled, and landscape layout preference setting. See the full release notes on the developer web page for details.
- Stefan K. Downloaded Nov 17, 2013
- Mohammed A. Downloaded Nov 15, 2013
- Letras_vivas Downloaded Nov 9, 2013
- Srdjan D. Downloaded Oct 14, 2013
- Hugo B. Downloaded Oct 12, 2013
- Mohammad Reza B. Downloaded Sep 7, 2013
- mandor18 Downloaded Aug 23, 2013
- Michal S. Downloaded Aug 12, 2013
- vibraw Downloaded Aug 5, 2013