IDEAL Talking Tags is a talking label maker/reader application, designed in support of accommodating the access needs of individuals who are blind. IDEAL Talking Tags is based on Apps4Android's Near Field Communication (NFC) Tec-Tiles. For more information please see:
The minimum hardware and firmware requirements for running the application is an Android, Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled, smartphone running Android V4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
Identive Group Type 2 (42mm diameter) NFC tags (ISO/IEC 14443 A 1-3 compliant; NTAG chip; Passive RFID 13.56MHz) were used to Beta test IDEAL Talking Tags. They worked perfectly. They cost approximately $0.80 each in quantities of 100.
For more information:
Before purchasing a large quantity of NFC tags, purchase a few of them. Test them with the app. If they work, fine. If not, it is a tag issue... not an app issue.
Talking labels can provide audible guidance in identifying a variety of different items including clothing, food containers and other household products. Talking labels can also provide audible guidance in identifying and taking medications. Talking labels are often used by individuals with vision-impairments.
Instructions for use:
1. Launch IDEAL Talking Tags. You should hear, "Touch the screen. Speak your message and let go of the screen when you are done. IDEAL Talking Tags."
2. Touch the screen and speaking the words you want to record.
3. When you release your finger you will hear, "Touch and hold the screen to preview your recording. Let go when done."
4. After previewing your recording you should hear, "Scan the NFC tag you wish to associate with this recording."
5. You can then touch the back of your phone to an NFC tag of the type describe above.
6. Hence forth whenever you touch your smartphone to this tag, you smartphone will play the associated recording.
Tags: ideal talking tags , talking tags , phone nfc scanning tag , talking tag , ideal talking tag , list of s application of talking tag , tec tiles 14443 , talking tag application requirements , tlking tag labeler