100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Beautiful design
- Dropbox integration
- Needs integration with other cloud services (Drive, Box, Evernote...)
+ By 2 App Studio
JotterPad X: Writing is well-crafted text editor which makes easier creating and editing documents on-the-go
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Picasso said. The problem is that, until now, it was difficult to find you working if you were, for example, on-the-go. Mobile has given us the chance to turn anywhere into our workplace. Likewise, JotterPad X has empowered us to welcome inspiration whenever it comes.
In essence, JotterPad X doesn't reinvent the wheel but makes it looks beautiful and smooth. JotterPad X is a text editor that allows you to create text documents, style them, give them different formats (including PDF and HTML), save and share them.
Some features make JotterPad stand out. For example, auto-save, physical keyboard support, full-screen writing mode (to avoid distractions), and different text-styling features. The writing experience gets specially boosted if you "Get Creative". In other words, if you upgrade to the Pro version of JotterPad X, which unlocks Thesaurus and Popup Dictionary integration, night mode (battery-saving), export to PDF, lockscreen and markdown feature to preview the document before web publishing.
Setting aside all that useful features, JotterPad X is outstandingly well-crafted app. Beautiful and smooth design that merges both Holo-layout with Metro-like animations (for example, when opening a document). All its different document styles are well-chosen and perfectly match the most-used Internet text formats (essays, magazines, newspaper, novel, poem...).
JotterPad is one of the best writing apps on the market so far. It's full-featured, well-designed and it encourages you to keep writing.
“App of the Week Feb 2015” — Gizmodo UK
“It made writing simple & enjoyable again” — Lifehacker Japan
“JotterPad is the writing app for creatives” — TheNextWeb
# Full Featured Text Editor
- Distraction-free Interface
- Built in English Dictionary
- Extended Keyboard
- Keyboard Shortcuts (e.g. CTRL+Z for undo)
- Open .txt, .md, .fountain
- Phrase Finding
- Undo & Redo
- Word and Character Count
# Innovative Technology
- Live Markdown (Also known as Syntax Highlighting)
- Custom font
- Night Mode
- Dropbox Integration (Works even when offline)
- RTL Support
- Support Multiple Encodings (UTF-8, BIG 5 etc.)
- True Italic
- Typewriter Scrolling
- Typeface & Style Customization
- Exclusive fonts. Hoefler&Co. Ideal Sans, FF Fago Mono, Novel Mono
# Share and Export
- Share .txt
- Share Plain text
- Plain Text/Markdown to PDF (Android 4.4 and above)
- Plain Text/Markdown to .rtf
- Markdown to HTML
- Markdown to Formatted text
- Markdown to .docx (Beta)
# Get Creative™ (*Requires In-app Purchase)
- Custom font
- Export to .docx
- Markdown Preview
- Live Markdown (Syntax Highlighting)
- Remove PDF Watermark
- Snapshots to backup document
- English Thesaurus & Rhyme
- Typewriter Scrolling
1. JotterPad saves your work on exit.
2. Some of the features require Creative IAP.
3. App cleaning agents (Clean Master) delete text files. Please disable them.
4. JotterPad does not open .docx.
For more information,
* Bug fixes
(V11.4.8 - V11.4.12)
* Fixed RTF Paragraph break
* Fixed Keyboard shortcuts
* Fixed Live Markdown bug
* Fixed Spelling Check in Android 5.1
* Fixed File Chooser dialog bug
* Fixed Live Markdown bug for bold italic
* Added support for Android 5.1
* Fixed Nexus 6 Android 5.1 bug
* Live Markdown preview (Creative IAP only)
* Fixed Live Markdown bug for bold, italic & bold italic
* Save on exit
* Improved thumbnail navigation
Great little writing app.
I was writing a fairly long book for fun on this app and it was great. It worked for me for months but now I can't seem to find it. It shows that I have a snap shot so idk if that's it but I can't find out because I have to pay for it. Very upsetting...
The free version is great. The paid version really doesn't offer anything useful for me. To each their own.
Could never properly save what I wrote.
I want them in the order I did them and I write fanfic and in one of my story's I wanted to use : in the title and it only does this - why grr OK now I need to have another app for my screenplay
Good for me especially for writing raps and poems love it
Jotter pad is a great way of expressing your stories. My stories were written really great here and I had more ideas in this app than on paper. But, I think it would be more great if we could publish them. Oh, maybe publish them to public? Or maybe like we can edit it to be like a book and we can share it to our friends?