100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Beautiful design
- Dropbox integration
- Needs integration with other cloud services (Drive, Box, Evernote...)
+ By 2 App Studio
JotterPad X: Writing is well-crafted text editor which makes easier creating and editing documents on-the-go
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Picasso said. The problem is that, until now, it was difficult to find you working if you were, for example, on-the-go. Mobile has given us the chance to turn anywhere into our workplace. Likewise, JotterPad X has empowered us to welcome inspiration whenever it comes.
In essence, JotterPad X doesn't reinvent the wheel but makes it looks beautiful and smooth. JotterPad X is a text editor that allows you to create text documents, style them, give them different formats (including PDF and HTML), save and share them.
Some features make JotterPad stand out. For example, auto-save, physical keyboard support, full-screen writing mode (to avoid distractions), and different text-styling features. The writing experience gets specially boosted if you "Get Creative". In other words, if you upgrade to the Pro version of JotterPad X, which unlocks Thesaurus and Popup Dictionary integration, night mode (battery-saving), export to PDF, lockscreen and markdown feature to preview the document before web publishing.
Setting aside all that useful features, JotterPad X is outstandingly well-crafted app. Beautiful and smooth design that merges both Holo-layout with Metro-like animations (for example, when opening a document). All its different document styles are well-chosen and perfectly match the most-used Internet text formats (essays, magazines, newspaper, novel, poem...).
JotterPad is one of the best writing apps on the market so far. It's full-featured, well-designed and it encourages you to keep writing.
“App of the Week Feb 2015” — Gizmodo UK
“It made writing simple & enjoyable again” — Lifehacker Japan
“JotterPad is the writing app for creatives” — TheNextWeb
# Full Featured Text Editor
- Distraction-free Interface
- Built in English Dictionary
- Extended Keyboard
- Keyboard Shortcuts (e.g. CTRL+Z for undo)
- Open .txt, Markdown (.md), .fountain
- Phrase Finding
- Undo & Redo
- Word and Character Count
# Innovative Technology
- CommonMark [New!]
- Live Markdown Preview * [New!]
- Custom font * [New!]
- Night Mode
- Dropbox Integration (Works even when offline)
- RTL Support
- Support Multiple Encodings (UTF-8, BIG 5 etc.)
- True Italic [New!]
- Typewriter Scrolling * [New!]
- Typeface & Style Customization
- Exclusive fonts. Hoefler&Co. Ideal Sans, FF Fago Mono, Novel Mono
# Share and Export
- Share .txt
- Share Plain text
- Plain Text/Markdown to PDF (Android 4.4 and above)
- Plain Text/Markdown to .rtf [New!]
- Markdown to HTML
- Markdown to Formatted text
- Markdown to .docx (Beta) * [New!]
# Get Creative™ (*Requires In-app Purchase)
- Custom font
- Export to .docx (Beta)
- View Mode in Markdown
- Live Markdown Preview
- Remove PDF Watermark
- Snapshots to backup document
- English Thesaurus & Rhyme [New!]
- Typewriter Scrolling [New!]
1. JotterPad saves your work on exit.
2. Some of the features require Creative IAP.
3. App cleaning agents (Clean Master) delete text files. Please disable them.
4. JotterPad does not open .docx.
For more information,
(V11.4.8 - V11.4.12)
* Fixed RTF Paragraph break
* Fixed Keyboard shortcuts
* Fixed Live Markdown bug
* Fixed Spelling Check in Android 5.1
* Fixed File Chooser dialog bug
* Fixed Live Markdown bug for bold italic
* Added support for Android 5.1
* Fixed Nexus 6 Android 5.1 bug
* Live Markdown preview (Creative IAP only)
* Fixed Live Markdown bug for bold, italic & bold italic
* Save on exit
* Improved thumbnail navigation
The problem that sharing with Dropbox is once I'm back to my computer, I can't edit it under a richer text editing environment, However, if JotterPad could support Google Docs sync (even under in-app purchases) this will be a huge plus.
It is amazing......
Love this app for writing. Promotes creative note-making no matter where I am, no matter what the style or topic. Feels almost as good as writing by hand in an old-fashioned notebook.
I love this app, it's one of the best I have found, but it needs a password please!
Its actually a really good app, even without the purchases you can write down just about anything that comes to mind. Its worth it if you enjoy writing and have ideas to store for later
It's a nice place to keep all my writing even without the creative thingy.
Best on the market