100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Beautiful design
- Dropbox integration
- Needs integration with other cloud services (Drive, Box, Evernote...)
JotterPad X: Writing is well-crafted text editor which makes easier creating and editing documents on-the-go
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Picasso said. The problem is that, until now, it was difficult to find you working if you were, for example, on-the-go. Mobile has given us the chance to turn anywhere into our workplace. Likewise, JotterPad X has empowered us to welcome inspiration whenever it comes.
In essence, JotterPad X doesn't reinvent the wheel but makes it looks beautiful and smooth. JotterPad X is a text editor that allows you to create text documents, style them, give them different formats (including PDF and HTML), save and share them.
Some features make JotterPad stand out. For example, auto-save, physical keyboard support, full-screen writing mode (to avoid distractions), and different text-styling features. The writing experience gets specially boosted if you "Get Creative". In other words, if you upgrade to the Pro version of JotterPad X, which unlocks Thesaurus and Popup Dictionary integration, night mode (battery-saving), export to PDF, lockscreen and markdown feature to preview the document before web publishing.
Setting aside all that useful features, JotterPad X is outstandingly well-crafted app. Beautiful and smooth design that merges both Holo-layout with Metro-like animations (for example, when opening a document). All its different document styles are well-chosen and perfectly match the most-used Internet text formats (essays, magazines, newspaper, novel, poem...).
JotterPad is one of the best writing apps on the market so far. It's full-featured, well-designed and it encourages you to keep writing.
“App of the Week Feb 2015” — Gizmodo UK
"It made writing simple & enjoyable again” — Lifehacker Japan
"Complete makeover with a Material-inspired design" — Dr Rita, AndroidPolice
# Full Featured Text Editor
- Distraction-free Interface
- Built in Dictionary
- Extended Keyboard
- Keyboard Shortcuts (e.g. CTRL+Z for undo)
- Open .txt, Markdown (.md), .fountain
- Phrase Finding
- Undo & Redo
- Word and Character Count
# Innovative Technology
- CommonMark [New!]
- Custom font * [New!]
- Night Mode
- Dropbox Integration (Works even when offline)
- RTL Support
- Support Multiple Encodings (UTF-8, BIG 5 etc.)
- True Italic [New!]
- Typewriter Scrolling * [New!]
- Typeface & Style Customization
- Exclusive fonts. Hoefler&Co. Ideal Sans, FF Fago Mono, Novel Mono
# Share and Export
- Share .txt
- Share Plain text
- Plain Text/Markdown to PDF (Android 4.4 and above)
- Plain Text/Markdown to .rtf [New!]
- Markdown to HTML
- Markdown to Formatted text
- Markdown to .docx (Beta) * [New!]
# Get Creative™ (*Requires In-app Purchase)
- Custom font
- Export to .docx (Beta)
- Screen Lock
- Markdown Preview
- Remove PDF Watermark
- Snapshots to backup document
- Thesaurus & Rhyme [New!]
- Typewriter Scrolling [New!]
1. JotterPad does not autosave your work. Save promptly in order to avoid accidental loss of your work.
2. Some of the features require Creative IAP.
3. App cleaning agents (Clean Master) delete text files. Please disable them.
4. JotterPad does not open .docx.
For more information,
* Added French, German and Korean
* Better animation
* Fixed bold typeface issues for CJK font
* Fixed nested bullet in MD preview
* Fixed ordered bullet in DOCX export
* Now carriage return is registered as hardbreak in Markdown preview
* Hide keyboard when opening existing doc
* Added Čeština
* Fixed issue where caret is at the body instead of title for new document.
* Night Mode is now a free feature!
* Iconified "To enclosing folder"
* Added Italiano
This is a great writer / editor for tablets. I like it a lot. One small trouble is that sometimes it gets disconnected from BT keyboard and android on-screen keyboard comes up. Lasts about 2-3 seconds, not sure why this is like that. The more important thing is about shortcuts. Very good, simple keyboard shortcuts, but no shortcut for bringing up context menu; e.g. you have misspelt a word, it is
Really love the app. Ive gone through a few writing apps and this one is just right for me. The one thing I couldnt figure out is if there is a way to lock the app with a pin? Other than that, great job guys.
i finally came over to the digital age of the writing aperatus. ..and though i will never give up notebooks and pens, JotterPad is convenient and super easy to use. Loving it :)
Perfect for lyrics
I love this its good for anything like homework,story writing and much more no bad comments
I have been using this app for about a month. So far it works fine, no problems as of yet. It let's you know if you haven't saved your work. I like that feature.