Mirror: Live layout previews
100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By jimu Labs
* Make sure to download the companion Mirror Server for Mac OSX, Linux and Windows from http://jimulabs.com *
No more compile-install-run! jimu Mirror gives you live previews of your app that update as you code.
Mirror is a tool to help you develop the UI for your Android app in a more interactive and flexible way. It provides an accurate and usable preview of your app's UI on devices attached to your computer, and keeps them up to date as you change the layouts and resources for your app. This means you don't need to recompile and reinstall your app to see how it will really look on the device. Mirror's fast feedback lets you create layouts in an experimental, iterative style.
There are several problems creating Android layouts with existing tools:
- The long feedback cycle required to see your changes on the device
- Hard-coded values and infrastructure code to see your UI with data in it
- Not-quite-accurate previews from static, WYSIWIG tools
Mirror addresses all of these problems:
- Change a file and see the results on the device almost instantly
- Fill your UI with sample data, even for dynamic content like complex ListViews
- See your UI exactly how it will be rendered on the device and interact with it
You can quickly develop layouts and rapidly try ideas, all while getting an accurate preview of your app on multiple devices and emulators. And none of this relies on Java code you’ve written, so you can create your UI independent of the rest of your app. Mirror will change how you create Android interfaces, making the process more interactive, more productive, and much more enjoyable.
- All the 1.0 features are now free!
- Premium feature: custom views
- Preview custom views in layouts and use them in sample data
- Custom attributes are also supported
- Premium feature: action bar previews
- Configure action bars for your screens in sample data
- Set the title, icon, and menu items
- Tons of bug fixes, stability improvements, and minor features added