Mobile Mouse Lite
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
Also in : Job search
- It really works!
- Easy connection between app and client
- Toggle view
- Screentouch could be improved
- Can't perfom too much with the free version
+ By RPA Technology
Mobile Mouse Lite allows you to control your computer from the couch
First off, you need to download a Mobile Mouse desktop client from www.mobilemouse.com. There are available version for Windows, iOS, Linux and Android. Once you have installed both, the desktop client and the Android app you will be ready to run the app.
You just need to launch the desktop version and the Android app. It will automatically connect each other. If it doesn't happen, you can use the your computer IP address (that you will find in the desktop client) and the port to connect both devices. Once connected you can start to type, move the cursor (scroll it too) and click as if it really was a mouse. The free version allows you to perform that actions. However, if you upgrade to the Pro version ($2.99) you'll get a pack of six different mouses: media remote, web remote, app switcher, function key, in-air mouse, number pad. All of them will make the remote control of your computer by you even easier. It lets you perform almost everything that you can do with your physical keyboard.
Mobile Mouse has been developed by RPA Technology, and that's the only app they've launched on the market so far.
Unlike too many of this kind of apps, this really works. We haven't noticed problems nor using it either installing it (we've installed the desktop client in Ubuntu and Windows). The only catch is that the free version is too sober (at least it could include one or two of the six paid remote controls). The screen touch response could also be improved. Anyway, the app is highly recommendable.
Features (FREE Version):
- Touchpad (full screen vertical and landscape modes)
- Application notifications
- Remote keyboard
- Modifier Keys
- On screen typing
- Password protection
- Custom sensitivity settings
- Foreign language keyboards
- Supports Bonjour or static IP
- No screen size limitation. Works with multiple monitors.
- Ability to hide keyboard (shake to hide/show)
- Landscape keyboard (shake in landscape mode to show)
- Scroll pad
- Left and Right mouse buttons
- Multitouch gestures (scroll & right click)
There is also a PRO version which features:
- Tech support & Free updates
- Accelerometer based mouse controller
- Application switcher
- Media Remote (w/vol up/down and eject buttons)
- Web Remote
- Numeric keyboard
- Programmable hotkeys (can be set to run a program or keyboard combination)
- Sleep/Wake your computer
- And much, much, much more.
View our demo video and website to see all that Mobile Mouse can do for you.
- Mac OS X Leopard/Snow Leopard (Intel)
- Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 (32/64bit)
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- WIFI router (works best on a local area network or Ad hoc network)
- Mobile Mouse Server Software
** BEFORE YOU RUN THE SOFTWARE ** you will need to download the server application from : http://www.mobilemouse.com
** IMPORTANT ** IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL, PLEASE CHECK THE TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION ON OUR SITE. We cannot provide technical support for the free version. If you are having problems, please take a look at our troubleshooting section on the website as well as the user forums, or consider purchasing the PRO version.
Visit our site for demos and setup instructions.
Provides remote control capabilities for programs like iTunes, VLC, Front Row, Windows Media Center, WinAmp, Firefox, Safari, boxee, PowerPoint, Keynote, and much more!
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Works well when its connected
Does not connect :(
This app is sooooooo helpful
What a piece of garbage. It doesn't work at all. Do not download this app it will waste your time. If you want one that actually works, find gmote.
I try lite version and wont work. Please fix it.
Seriously getting worse with each update. Used to work smoothly... What are they doing to this app? Mouse is completely choppy and typing does not work properly. Backspace causes it to type gibberish. Please fix!!
I loved the iPhone version it worked flawlessly & looked good, but this has the looks but pathetic performance if it connects at all. This needs a from the ground up rebuild plain & simple!