NTW Text Editor Pro
100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
NTW loads small chunks of the file at a time. Size is no longer a limitation and yet performance remains high.
NTW bookmarks your editing progress for every file. NTW's Shelf interface can keep track of every file, much like a Tasks app on steroids.
Comes with both English interface and 简体中文界面 options
If you are upgrading, you should save the files you are editing with NTW first.
Paid version mainly adds lotsa poweruser options, not essential, but looks very useful right ;D
1) Remembers up to 9999 undo/redo operations
2) Control over the End-Of-Line characters (Apple, Unix and Windows tend to handle different End-Of-Line differently when doing plain text editing)
3) Allows user to specify buffer size
4) Allows custom fonts and background images
5) Allows user to customize 6 extra Themes in addition to the built-in 3 Themes.
6) Allows toggling of word wrap
7) Continuous Text to Speech in paid version. Free version will play single paragraphs, then stop until play button is pressed again.
- Edits text files of any size by loading small segments of the file at a time. To navigate between file segments, either use the goTo command, or tap the arrow icons on the top left and right corners.
- Text to speech synthesizer!
- Page scroll or move cursor using volume buttons
- Supports HTML view! And allows text justification along both left and right
- Shelf system that works like a sortable Task list.
- Save/autosave and auto bookmark/backup features works in the background so your changes are never lost, but neither are you forced to irrevocably save changes you still feel ambiguous about.
- Undo/Redo, Search(with full *wildcards* functionality! :D) and Replace, GoTo.
- Themes! Customizable display, fonts, and colors for both paid and free versions. And for the paid version, you can even specify your own background images and custom fonts.
- supports multiple encodings including, ISO8859-_, windows 125_, Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
- Work with text files for easy transfer between your phone and PC.
- End of Line control when saving
- Toggleable word wrap
If NTW crashes after you update your firmware to ICS, this is due to directory restructuring by ICS, thus clashing with NTW's own log data. Simply delete the /.NeedToWrite folder to fix this.
If you encounter any other startup crashes, either switch to a smaller(<1MB) image file for your background image, or install TTS for your phone. Its free on the Android market.
Text to speech for SVOX classic will only work if you enable both the SVOX Classic engine under your phone's TTS settings, as well as enable Language Override inside SVOX Classic TTS settings.
TTS with SVOX is buggy for IceCream Sandwich, users are advised to use Google's own built in TTS engine.
For more information, pls refer to Help in the menu.
I just encountered this sudden bug on my SGS3. Cut and Copy buttons will crash my phone everytime in any version of NTW Lite or Pro.
So after some digging, I found that there is a bug in how certain phone models especially Samsung's implements the clipboard.
The temporary solution is either a factory reset, or to do this:
1. boot into recovery > advanced > wipe cache
2. reboot phone > ES Explorer (enable root mode)> delete /data/clipbord/*
3. reboot recovery again > advanced > fix permissions
4. reboot phone > it's fine again, but until Samsung fixes their firmware, the same problem will eventually recur for apps that implement their own cut/copy/paste buttons.
Don't hesitate to email me if you still have problems.
Tags: need to write, write to file, web editor pro, ntw edit unit, enable write, edittext undo, prop text editor, write into, edit text opacity, things needed to write.
- Finally fixed long existing stability bug when screen is rotated
- Fixed filepath selection bug from v1.86c
- Improved support for the visually handicapped
- Misc tweaks
- Fixed Back button bug
- Fixed Help dialog popup bug
- Made it compatible for Android v1.6 onwards again
- Page scroll or move your cursor with your volume buttons. Toggle this in Tools menu, or long press the screen in Edit mode.
- Fixed the bug of Help button causing app to crash