100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
Number Scanner runs entirely on your Android device - unlike almost all other Android OCR (optical character recognition) software, it does NOT require a network connection to a server and does not waste your money or bandwidth, nor does it share or upload your numbers with any service or organisation.
Use Number Scanner to take the hassle out of numbers by scanning them with a single finger tap - use it on business cards, directories, contact details in leaflets or adverts, or anything that has the number you want without the need to type. It also works on other kinds of number you may need to note down quickly, such as product codes, serial numbers, zip codes, and so on.
(1) Hold your Android device over the text with the number you want to scan. Position it such that the number (and nothing else) appears in Number Scanner's focussing window. If necessary, you can change the size of the focussing window by moving the boxes in its corners.
(2) Make sure the number is in focus. If your device doesn't have auto-focus and you are trying to scan a number with small print when holding the camera close, you may need to change the camera settings to "macro" mode. Scanning also works much better when there is good lighting.
(3) Tap the camera icon to take a picture of the number. Number Scanner will analyse the image you took and recognise and display the number within a few seconds. You can then tap the number to add it to your contacts, make a phone call, or copy it into another application.
(4) Recognition works best on numbers written in large clear fonts with good contrast (i.e. dark numbers on light background or vice versa). If there was a problem with the recognition, then simply correct any errors or try again. Number Scanner is designed for printed numbers, although clear handwritten numbers (not joined-up) are also often recognised. Number Scanner also recognises certain symbols like the "+" used for international dial codes.
(5) To take a new image, simply press the 'back' button on your Android device.
Tags: number scanner, scan numbers, scan numbers using caméra, phone number, ocr accurate number scanning, dial written number, scan serial numbers using, digit scanner using camera, scan number, camera focus digits.
Minor bug fixes.
Improved Accuracy and focus mechanism.
Improved progress dialog.
New flash/torch toggle option and settings menu.