1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Syncs your notes across all devices
- Formatting options
- Variety of inputs (text, audio, images)
- Must have Microsoft account
+ By Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft's official note-taking app, syncs across all devices
Remember the days when you used to carry around a beat-up notebook everywhere with you, overflowing with to-do lists, old phone numbers, maps, and budgeting? Microsoft's OneNote is an app designed to replace said scraps of paper. Not only does it provide you with blank slates to jot down anything you need to remember, it also syncs whatever data you input across all your devices by linking it to you Microsoft account.
That's the big caveat, in fact: you'll need a Microsoft account in order to use OneNote, which means you'll need to hand some personal data over to the hands of Bill Gates. As long as that's palatable, then you'll get access to a digital notebook with infinite pages, wherein you can easily store your lists, notes, plans, ideas, and just about anything you'd like to organize and remember. You can even record audio and add photos, plus handwrite notes to save as images.
OneNote is a highly functional notekeeping app. If you're using multiple devices (who isn't, these days?), it could be an elegant solution - especially if you already have a Microsoft account.
Type or jot down notes, record audio or snap a picture and OneNote saves it. Your notes sync across your devices so you can access them wherever you go. And you can easily share your notes with others.
OneNote has free apps for PC, Mac, Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. And you can browse to onenote.com to get to your notes.
•Create and update notes and checklists.
•Bold, italicize, underline, highlight, indent - format notes like you do on a computer.
•Organize your notes using notebooks, sections and tags.
•Take handwritten notes or add handwriting and drawings to notes.
•Your notebooks sync across your computers and devices.
•View notes you created on your computer, including formatting, video, and attached files.
•Search your notes and files for anything you’ve captured – even text inside pictures.
•Home screen widgets let you quickly create picture, audio and text notes without opening the app.
•Get to your most recent notes right from your Home screen with the OneNote Recent widget.
•Add your favorite page, section, or notebook to the Home screen for quick access.
•Access your work notes stored on SharePoint Online sites from your tablet or phone.
Here are some ideas on how to use OneNote:
•Capture and format notes for classwork, meetings, or research.
•Take handwritten notes during lectures and have them available everywhere.
•Add audio and video to your notes.
•Snap a picture of the whiteboard and add it to your meeting notes.
•Share a shopping list with the family and mark items off when you’re in the store.
•Create an itinerary and keep track of your travel plans for your next big vacation.
•Take pictures of receipts and bills to get rid of paper clutter.
•Collaborate and share ideas with your team.
•Research products and prices to make the best purchasing decision.
You can find answers to Frequently Asked Questions about OneNote for Android at http://aka.ms/OnenoteAndroidFAQ
•Requires Android OS 4.1 or later.
•A free Microsoft account is required to use OneNote.
•OneNote opens existing notebooks created in Microsoft OneNote 2010 format or later.
•To sync your notes to OneDrive Pro, sign in with your organization's Office 365 or SharePoint account.
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or visit the blog for the latest news:
note, notes, one note, note taking, list, lists, todo, to-do, notebook, notebooks, task, tasks, GTD, handwriting, write, writing, stylus, pen, draw, drawing, sketch
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- - Act as an AccountAuthenticator.
- - Have access to the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - Manage the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Read the system log files. Usually used to collect crash and force close reports.
- - Read phone state. Used to know whether you're in a call or not.
- - Record audio.
- - Request authentication tokens from accounts linked to your phone.
- - Prevent your device from sleeping or screen from dimming (turn brightness down).
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
- - Change the sync settings.
- - com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT
- - com.microsoft.office.onenote.permission.CONTENT_READ
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 15.0.3231.1039 released on 01/19/15.
- UpdatedNew version 15.0.3230.1032 released on 12/09/14.
- UpdatedNew version 15.0.3130.1014 released on 08/20/14.
- UpdatedNew version 15.0.2727.2300 released on 04/09/14.
- UpdatedNew version 15.0.2416.2300 released on 12/30/13.
- UpdatedNew version 15.0.2020.2302 released on 08/27/13.
- UpdatedNew version 15.0.1917.2300 released on 07/23/13.
- UpdatedNew version 15.0.1827.2300 released on 07/02/13.
- ChangesName changed from OneNote Mobile to OneNote on 07/02/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 1000000 downloads level reached on 11/20/12.
- UpdatedNew version 14.0.5602.3000 released on 08/14/12.
- UpdatedNew version 14.0.5421.3000 released on 06/28/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 500000 downloads level reached on 04/18/12.
- UpdatedNew version 14.0.4908.3000 released on 02/27/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 100000 downloads level reached on 02/16/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 50000 downloads level reached on 02/09/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000 downloads level reached on 02/08/12.
- NewFirst appearance on 02/08/12.
Displaying 4 of 18 - show all
Although allows better organization than other apps, not very simple to just use. For instance, does not allow to simply rename or erase a notebook on mobile phone app. Why? These are so basic functions.
This app is awesome and exactly what I need. I only wish it had a zoom box that auto advances for note taking. Please add that functionality!
It is frustrating to manage pages and sections on a phone and tablet and needing to access a computer to rearrange/move things. Also, kindly add a toggle to TURN OFF AUTO SYNC MANUALLY. For faster deleting and managing. Will change rating if implemented
Its good n its bad
wanna ask something, how many words/sentence are supported for each one page? is it unlimited till onedrive storage out of space?
Syncing and typing input isn't yet as good as it should be!
Its not the best but u got to work with what you have