by: Vinaya Shenoy • 180
Panchangam is a Hindu Vedic Calendar, which follows traditional cosmology and presents important astronomical data and planetary system in traditional format. Panchangam has been in use for centuries, is the foundation for Vedic Astrology.
As per Vedic Astrology, Panchangam defines the "five attributes" of the day. They are - Tithi, Var, Nakshatra, Yoga and Karana. Panchangam app gives you all traditional details plus the regional festivals and events right on your Android device. The user interface is fresh, customized for both Android phones and Tablets - bringing centuries old calendar system at your finger tips.
- Complete Panchangam details for year 2012
- Includes Indian regional festivals and local events for year 2012. Includes local festivals for Karnataka, Andra Pradesh, Tamilnadu, Kerala, Maharastra, Gujarath and Konkani communities.
- Provides localized details for over 600 cities worldwide
- Provides sunrise, sunset, civil twilight timings, moonrise, moonset
- Daily planetary positions for all celestial bodies as per Hindu astrology
- Graphical display of moon phase for each day, presents percentage of moon illumination for each day
- Aggregated week view, month view for quick navigation
- Listing of auspicious/inauspicious timings for each day - Rahu Kaal, Guliga Kaal, Yamaganda Kaal, Visha Galiga and Amratha Galiga
Panchangam is specific to a geographic coordinate position, this app calculates the panchangam details for your selected location in realtime. You may use your current GPS location or select from a list of worldwide cities.
In addition to panchangam details, this app provides useful astronomical data such as sunrise, sunset, civil twilight timings, moonrise, moonset and graphical display of moon phase for each day. Also included are the daily planetary positions of all celestial bodies as per Hindu astrology.
Free version includes all panchangam and festival details for current week only. Premium feature includes all details for full year 2012.
More about Panchanga elements:
As per Vedic Astrology, Panchangam defines the "five attributes" of the day. They are - Tithi, Var, Nakshatra, Yoga and Karana.
Tithi - Ending Moment (EM) of elongation of the Moon, the lunar day, the angular relationship between Sun and Moon (Apparent Moon minus Apparent Sun). One Tithi equals 12 degree difference between Moon and Sun .
Var - Weekday .
Nakshatra - The stellar mansion in which Moon is located for an observer at the center of the Earth. One Nakshatra equals 13 degrees:20 minutes. There are 27 Nakshatra in 360 degrees.
Yoga - Ending Moment of the angular relationship between Sun and Moon(Apparent Moon plus Apparent Sun). One Yoga equals 13 degrees:20 minutes. There are 27 Yogas in 360 degrees .
Karana - Ending Moment of half of a Tithi. One Karaṇa equals 6 degree difference between Moon and Sun.