QPython - Python for Android
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Preset packages and QPypi and pypi to get even more.
- Built-in text editor
- Create and run your own scripts
- Still in beta
- QEdit should be enhanced
+ By Pipal Mobile Lab
The easiest way to run Python on your Android
Pipal Mobile Lab's QPython is a must-have app for Python programmers. It's an all-in-one app which brings to your Android device the Python interpreter (console), a built-in text editor (QEdit), a preset folder to save your scripts and many useful python libraries.
Need to review your code? You can do it right from the app. Need to test a few lines from the Python Interpreter? Run the console and get it done. The latter even include some control and function keys so you can boost your coding speed while on-the-go. Despite it comes with lot of packages installed (check them from the Package Index), you can install more using QPypi or pip (from console).
QPython is still in beta, which means that you cannot still have same versatility as in desktop. However, QPython is an excellent solution for those who always need coding tools at hand's reach but cannot always have access to a desktop platform. Highly recommended.
It offers the development kit which lets you easily develop Python projects and scripts on your Android device.
[[ Main Features ]]
* Supports Python programming on Android including web apps, games, and SL4A programming etc
* Run Python scripts / projects on Android devices
* Can execute Python code & files from QRCode
* QEdit lets you create/edit Python scripts / projects easily
* Includes many useful python libraries
* Support pip
[[ Programming Features ]]
* Supports Web App programming, which let you develop mobile apps with web development framework, this speeds up your mobile development greatly
* Supports native UI programming, which let you develop games more easily by using scripts
* Supports SL4A programming to access Android’s features: network, Bluetooth, GPS, and more
[ IMPORTANT NOTE ]
* QPython is in BETA. If you experience any problems, please contact us so we can address them.
* To enable programming with some of Android’s features, QPython requires the following permissions: Bluetooth, GPS, and others. It doesn't require some permissions like access user account, access phone's status, so you could not use some related SL4A APIs.
[ QPython community ]
#Inspirited by #GDG# Zhuhai from China
[ Feedback ]
Please give us five stars if you like our app. Thank you!
Contact us if you have any problems.
[ OTHER ]
This software uses code of Android Terminal Emulator licensed under the APACHE2 LICENSE, Kivy licensed under the LGPL 3 LICENSE.
Part of source could be found on https://github.com/qpython-android , we will push on the whole qpython to be opensource gradually.
# Version 0.9.8.5.1
+ Fix the google market's -505 error with android L/5 when installing qpython
+ Support multiprocessing ( You can install it from QPypi )
To get more detail, please visit http://wiki.qpython.org/changelogs/
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
I like the app a lot. Please add code completion and I shall give it 5 stars :-)
Thanks to this app I'm able to practice my python skills and make small but useful applications on the fly. It's especially useful on my way to work via train :) because that's usually when most of my inspiration happens :)
I was able to create simple tcp & udp sockets on 2 android devices and have the sockets communicate across a wifi connection. I am now attempting to hav the same sockets communicate across a bluetooth connection, can i get some help?
Hey thanks, this is great! I'm a beginner and I'm loving it!!
my fav language now available on Android.
I already couldn't run code without having to use a glitch in your console where it would return to a regular command line. It appears as though you have fixed that glitch. Totally useless to me at this point...come on guys. it's not rocket science, it's computer science :D
Useful, although script shortcuts have stopped working (possibly lollipop related)