10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Nice job
- Didn't find any. Did you?
Quicker is an easy app to access some key controls.
With the same spirit as Quick Battery, Sergej Shafarenka developed and has kept updated Quicker, the paid version of Quick Settings. It's one of those simple apps that tries to make our life easier by having the most important sliders and switchers together.
With just a couple of taps you can change your volume, wifi and GPS settings. Well, you're probably thinking to yourself that your phone can already do that without any third party app, and it'd be true. Quick settings just try to save you some taps or the trouble to look for wherever every option could be. To launch the app, long-press the search button or look for a shortcut in your status bar. Quick Settings is customizable through the Menu button if you need to add more options.
In addition to these and those features included in Quick Settings, Quicker allows to add up to three scrollable screens for your settings and some storage and battery status info. Useful if you have to play around with your device all day long.
If you want to test the essential features of Quicker, you can check Quick Settings for free before.
Join our Google+ community: http://goo.gl/QGiMg
- Brightness (w/ Screen Dimmer for convenient usage of the phone in the darkness)
- Ringer mode
- Volume streams
- Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot*
- Mobile Data**
- Call settings
- Screen timeout
- Airplane mode
- Auto rotation
- Screen lock pattern
- Free memory (internal, external)
- App cache
- Digital clock
- System shortcuts
- Application shortcuts
- Flashlight (screen and LED)***
- Battery indicator in status bar
- Settings backup (configure once and restore at any time later)
- Quick launch via status bar shortcut or by long-pressing hardware "search" button
Quicker uses following permissions:
- "Storage" for backup / restore feature
- "GPS location" for switching GPS on/off (see **)
- "Take picture & video" for LED flashlight
- "Directly call" for the shortcut widget when you adding a direct call shortcut
- "Reading log data" for being able to report issues
- "System tools" permissions for changing various system settings
Quicker uses these permissions for the purposes listed above only.
*) Not available for some Android version and phones
**) Direct switch is available for some Android versions and phones
***) LED flashlight might not be compatible to some phones
- Can Quicker launch after phone restart? Yes, just install it to the phone memory (not SD card)
- Why Brightness switch does not work? If you have a SwipePad running, then it can interfere with this function on Android 4.0 or higher devices.
NOTE 1: Although Quicker does its best to switch Mobile Data, GPS and WiFi Hotspot with a single click, there are devices / Android versions where these settings cannot be switched directly. In such cases shortcuts to stock settings are available only.
Why no direct switch? Because Android security model does not allow installed applications to change secure system parameters. This is done to protect users from malicious application that can misuse those parameters otherwise.
v.1.9.7 (minor release)
* New "Shortcut with icon" option
* Fixed Screen Dimmer on Android 4.2
* Some more improvements for Android 4.2
* Volume levels are shown for Android 4.0+
* Fixed "empty space in status bar" issue on Android 2.2.x and 2.3.x
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Peter Warrior.
I have really enjoyed Quicker but noticed a serious error with how quicker calculates remaining memory on the phone and SD card. 1. When I move data or files from phone memory to SD card, quicker will always show the same available memory fire both phone and SD. 2. I recently added a 34 meg and then 64 meg SD card, where Quicker shows only 1 or 2 megs free, but using the files search, it shows 32
Simple, elegant, and satisfyingly customizable. I recommend this to every user who likes an easy way to switch functions on and off.
I've been using Quicker for 3 years and I've enjoyed the easy access to my settings. I would appreciate an update though.
Please update so that the screen dimmer will also dim the bottom potion of the screen in Android 4.4 KitKat. Thanks
Keep up with the latest competitors like sidebar, appsi, etc. Phone screens have gotten bigger so 3x5 tiles to fill a 5" screen is a bit crude and outdated. Being able to show a 3rd party widget would be great. Floating mode would be nice, and activation with a side swipe would be a good option to have. I hope the developer is listening.
Please allow larger grid sizes than 3x5 (4x5 is a good start)! Thank you!